NCA night lighting box always unchecked

OMark

Hello,

The Night Lighting check box  to disable night lighting in the NCA area for openLC NA is always unchecked when I start FTX Central 3.3.6.0. From what I've read on the Orbx forums both it and the New Night Lights box should be checked because I have openLC NA installed. Both boxes remain checked for my installed regions CRM, NRM, PNW, SAK. I suppose I can uncheck both boxes for NCA, but I'd rather have it work like the other regions.

So far I've reinstalled NCA, but that hasn't helped. What else can I try?

Other information: I use FSX Acceleration with Windows 7 and my order number is FSS0486304, migrated to OrbxDirect with transaction ID 586c5a7091447.

Mark

NCA control panel settings.png

Hi Doug,

Thanks for replying. Before my original post I used FTX Central to uninstall and then reinstall NCA, with a reboot in between. I didn't see any problem with either the uninstall or the reinstall from Central. The control panel issue persists...

Mark

Doug,

I also have CRM, NRM, PNW, SAK installed (same transaction ID). From within FTX Central the control panels for these regions all behave as expected: I can choose any combination of the two options for night lighting. It is only for NCA that I can't select the first night lighting option by checking its box.

Mark

I was able to fix the problem after reading the post Night Lighting Tick box won't stay ticked in the FTX Central 3 Support Forum. I had pairs of BGL and BGL.off files for Northern California. The NCA control panel now works as it should after removing the files

!Fresno_LM.bgl.off
!Fresno_LM_OBG.BGL.off
!Medford_LM.bgl.off
!Medford_LM_OBG.BGL.off
!Merced_LM.bgl.off
!Merced_LM_OBG.BGL.off
!Redding_LM.bgl.off
!Redding_LM_OBG.BGL.off
!Reno_LM.bgl.off
!Reno_LM_OBG.BGL.off
!Sacramento_LM.bgl.off
!Sacramento_LM_OBG.BGL.off
!SanFrancisco_LM.bgl.off
!SanFrancisco_LM_OBG.BGL.off

referred to in the file orbx_cpl_FTXNANCA.xml located in the ORBX\Scripts subfolder of my FSX folder.

My guess is that the problem surfaced after I used FTX Central to verify the files for openLC North America last week.

Mark

Archived