Germany

John York

Hi John. We are thinking of moving to Somerset as it’s getting chaotic here with traffic and they are building every where. So just been looking at Bungalows, though might give them a miss as since we have been here in the last 8 years everyone around us has died. True, even when we moved in the old lady across the road said it’s very quiet here all we see is Hearses going up and down the road. I thought great. True. :(. So we are looking at houses as well. Plus yes I must get going again Fltsim.

Well, Somerset is a really nice County to live in.   Taunton is the County Town. It has a nice compact place centre and has a variety of easily accessed property around the town.

If you like sea views, I can thoroughly recommend the villages and little towns along the North Coast and there's a variety of property including bungalows.  There are regular bus services to Taunton and a privately run railway from Minehead to Bishops Lidyard just outside Taunton.

There is a Butlins Holiday Camp in Minehead which might wrongly put some people off but there're never any problems and the lincs golf course is always in excellent condition and open all the year round.  Minehead also has a good cricket and football teams.

Running along the North side of the Bristol Channel coast, there are various small towns and villages.  All very pleasant with the largest towns northwards Western Super Mare, and  southwards Lynmouth with Watchett and Minehead between them.

Personally, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else but it can be a bit of a bind to visit people who live in say, Birmingham and northwards, or London and eastwards.  Oh, and I should remind your that this area was the seat of the Monmouth Rebellion and the area of Blackoor's Lorna Doone!

Blimey, I should join an Estate Agency!

Back to Germany.  I just flew from Dusseldorf to Stuttgart in my old Real Air Duke.  Lovely flight and I noticed quite a lot of smoke stacks and steam towers but no wind turbines.  Just wanted to know if any of you know if that's simply my old FSX Power Projects showing up or if its that the Orbx developers have cottoned on to them?

I'm a bit disturbed by the lack of birds too.  They would add some movement to the scenery. 

Archived