TE GB South Update

kaha

Here are my experiences with the Update to TE GB South:

For testing I use Carenados C152 II (a rather simple aircraft) and settings from here: 

All tests I do from the cockpit, observing smoothness and fps in turns. For testing only TE NL and GB South are installed, 3rd party airports deactivated.

In TE Netherlands I can do between 50 and 60 fps, also when approaching Amsterdam. FPS never goes below 40. In TE NL the only change I made in the Control Panel was to switch off traffic (road and boats).

Now, with TE GB South I can do the same in an area that is not near London. Approaching London, however, fps go down to as low as 8 fps every now and then (~once every 2 seconds), especially in turns. Even unchecking all items in the Control Panel does not help, fps still go down to 10 sporadically and this causes stutters.

I use to fly externally locked to 30 and can do that smoothly in TE NL and also in TE GB South away from London (as an example, Bristol is ok) with much higher settings (including 8xSSAA). Near London, when fps drop to 10 intermittendly, Sync is ruined and stutters are extremely bad. 

My rig: 9900K@5.0 (HT off), 16GB@3200, M.2 1TB dedicated, 2x1080TI SLI, 4K

Not sure what causes this. In German we have a saying "Schönheit muss leiden", I think in English this is "Beauty knows no pain", right? 

Karl

I like your Idiom Karl :D

I have just updated but other commitments are presently keeping me too busy run any comparison tests. I will endeavor to run some later in the week in 1080p on a G-SYNC monitor & Oculus VR and post the results. My main specs are in my signature. Below are the drives I'm using

Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO 500 GB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express Solid State Drive - Boot Drive

Samsung MZ-76E1T0B/EU 1 TB 860 EVO Sata III 64L V NAND Solid State Drive - XP11 & P3DV4 Drive

Keith

Today I installed NVIDIAs driver 419.67. The drops in frame rate are gone. With everything switched on in the Control Panel (escept road traffic) FPS drop no more than to 21 occasionally. Just did an approach to EGLC with no disturbing stutters (JVs settings applied). Maybe this change is related to my SLI configuration only, I would be interested in experiences from others.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 10:54 AM, kaha said:

Today I installed NVIDIAs driver 419.67. The drops in frame rate are gone. With everything switched on in the Control Panel (escept road traffic) FPS drop no more than to 21 occasionally. Just did an approach to EGLC with no disturbing stutters (JVs settings applied). Maybe this change is related to my SLI configuration only, I would be interested in experiences from others.

I've finally fitted my ram expansion to 32GB and have uninstalled V4.4 and installed V4.5. I did a short flight this evening from EGLC and flew west over the city of London towards EGLL. Using a stock single engine light aircraft in external chase view on a monitor, I typically was seeing 21 fps -4/+20. Regarding VR, I have attempted twice since installing V4.5 and suffered a crash to desktop both times.  I'll try again perhaps tomorrow but I've always got XP11 which is so much better in terms of performance. TrueEarth looks far better in XP11 in my opinion. I have attached images of my graphics profile which was originally set in V4.4 and has been retained and now used by V4.5. 

Regarding SLI stuttering. I used to have twin 970s in SLI and most of the time, I disabled SLI because its rarely supported and was prone to producing stuttering.

P3DV4_Display_Settings_Oculus.jpg

P3DV4_World_Settings_Oculus.jpg

P3DV4_Lighting_Settings_Oculus.jpg

On 3/26/2019 at 10:54 AM, kaha said:

I got VR working in V4.5 (hotfix replacement of VirtualReality.dll) and the framerate is bad flying from EGLC to EGLL across London. This particular performance issue is P3D, not Orbx. It seems like many people are reverting back to V4.4 on the prepar3D forum. I'll wait it out for an update. In the meantime, It's back to XP11 for me.

Archived