EGHA Big pit under apron not solved by usual method

Dreamsofwings1

So here's an odd one that has appear out of nowhere.  I have the known mesh issue at EGHA under the Apron which has re-appeared.  I delete the usual suspect file 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL and issue still there.  I have cleared the scenery cache and reinstalled EGHA taking care to delete the file from Scenery/World again.  Baffled by this!!!!  Any ideas anyone?  I am using it with FTX EU England.  I also have TE GB South installed but inticked.  Could that be causing a conflict somewhere even though it is unticked?

Also noticed I am getting flickering ground textures eg the gravel ground of the seating area and the paved area right next to it.

U5Bt8lE.jpg

35 minutes ago, Dreamsofwings1 said:

I also have TE GB South installed but inticked.  Could that be causing a conflict somewhere even though it is unticked?

Yes, you will also need to rename the P3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_GBS_EGHA.BGL to,

P3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_GBS_EGHA.BGL.off

7 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Yes, you will also need to rename the P3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_GBS_EGHA.BGL to,

P3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_GBS_EGHA.BGL.off

Thanks Doug, does this need to be done even though TE GB is unticked in the Scenery Library?

Thanks, for years, this has been a simple cause and effect, rectified each time by removing the ALT file.

I have just tested again, as you state, with TEGB disabled and EU England enabled.

The result apears not to have changed at all.

I am led to the inescapable conclusion that somehow at your end, the 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL file

or one like it is still active.

No alt file

1.jpg

Alt file

2.jpg

Perhaps you can make a search?

Hi Nick,

Precisely why this has me baffled as this same tried and tested fix has worked perfectly for me before now.

Have run a search and that file does not exist on my machine having deleted it.  I only have ORBX software in this area.  I have Pilot''s mesh installed but not active and EGHA has been working with this same setup previously.

This is a video of what I am seeing.

I am not sure what else could be causing this issue at this specific spot.

Not sure what I can do then.  Something has obviously gone wrong with my sim.  I have removed the offending file but for some reason the issue is perstant in my sim no matter what I do.  Your testing clearly shows it should be working, as mine was until today.

I have reinstalled EGHA, I’ve verified files, I’ve deleted the bad file and searched for other copies.  

I think I might have to pretend it isn’t there until v4.5 is reallsed and then do a complete reinstall of everything.

I've tried some more things e.g. reinstalling FTX EU England (the quick way removing version on User Docs and then running install in FTX Central)

I have verified files on all.

I have uninstalled the Pilots Ultimate NG FTX Mesh even though that wasn't ticked for Europe.

If I untick ORBX EGHA, so just using EGHA as represented in FTX EU England, this is what I am seeing.  Elevations are very wrong despite reinstalling and running vector airport tool.

vJnHsV2.jpg

5Il81fj.jpg

ruE44hc.jpg

FXRR3J5.jpg

TV4U4o4.jpg

Hello,

as Sherlock Holmes once said

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Once again, here is the EU England version of EGHA without 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL

1.jpg

and here it is with 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL

2.jpg

The other much less likely possibility is that you have another elevation adjustment file for EGHA somewhere.

Oh I am not doubting you Nick, and as I put in the title of this thread, the usual method as you have demonstrated above, which as I previously said has worked for me so well in the past, is not working now.  There is something else afoot my dear Watson,  as "impossible" as it might seem,  which I was hoping someone here might have some ideas on.

000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL is not appearing anywhere on my PC

I have also just done a complete fresh reinstall of FTX EU England to see if I can 'reset' but still have the issue.

Have had a look for other elevation adjustment files but can't see anything obvious.  Not sure what other software I would have that would do that kind of action. I have uninstalled the other third party mesh but I didn't have that active anyway.

Perhaps the only fix is a complete reinstall of the sim but will wait for 4.5 before I spend the time on that.

Well I appear to have solved this, though I am the first to admit it makes no sense as I have had the two running together for over a year!  

It appears the solution (in this particular instance) was to remove the ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHA_CVX.bgl file as well as the normal method and it all looks good over there by the buildings etc  I have tested this by putting the file back in and if I do the hole reappears.

The only side effect is the runway is a bit bumpier and has a slight low gradient dip in the middle which matches real world photos so I will chalk that up as a challenge!

2a1kyv3.jpg

Good that you have found your solution.

All my screen shots showing the anomaly are with 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL

installed and active.

All my screen shots showing no anomaly are with that file disabled and all other files

in place, including ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHA_CVX.bgl.

I have no idea why this should be the case for me, when it apparently is not for you and Doug.

To be fair, the runway there is not flat anyway, so it probably looks better.

• 8 months later...

Hi, I to had a problem with    EGHA,   I  tried renaming   000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL   but without success then I saw that removing    ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHA_CVX.bgl file had worked, 

I  thought 'in for a pound, in for a penny'     and I now have my parking space between the hangers and a plus that I now have a slopped runway with a dip in the middle as it should be. Thanks for that, I would never have worked this out.                                            

Archived