Missing smoke and steam

I have a huge amount of addons in Prepar3d v3.4 all working fine, with the exception of smoke and steam (on both land and water).. Can someone please give me some hints on what I could try to fix this problem..  Thanks..Terry.

Hi Terry,

That could be a tough one.  The first thing to check is your special effects slider; max it out and see what happens.

The second thought is that when the sim is stressed, the effects are among the first to go, but that usually affects all of the effects, not just individual ones.

It's always possible that add-ons are interfering with each other somehow -- although it 's unlikely. See if you can replicate the problem with only default scenery.

It might be possible that for one reason or another you are missing the needed .fx effect files. Tracking that possibility down is not that easy because you have to know what effect file is used.

Here's something you can try that I can check:  I'm guessing you have CAC8 with the latest SP that includes the Harmac mill.  It has my own smoke and steam effects; they are pretty obvious.  Take a look there, maybe post a screenshot of what you see. You should see a larger smoke effect from a chimney, a somewhat  smaller one from another chimney, and a steam effect close by. 

Larry

Archived