TE GB South XP11 SP1 - List of features and improvements

On 3/20/2019 at 12:18 PM, John Venema said:

We actually made brand new motorway signs for the UK but when we implemented them in the sim it appears that the textures are cut up and re-used to make variations of town names etc. 

So we will have to figure out the texture mapping and we’ll add in the new signs in SP2.

Sorry, John, but my remark was not meant to be offensive. It was more of a kind of nice nod. I repeat here my great satisfaction for the work done by Orbx : you really gave me back the taste for aerial simulation that I ended up losing. That said, if I had been told one day that it would be flying over Great Britain, I would never have believed it ! :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Every one !!!!
just a question a bit out of this context, i bought the South England, but i took the prepar3d version, i am using Xplane so now i want to change it to xplane version, i have send email to support but no answers, just wondering if any one here know what is the best way to get help with this issue

thanks for your time and help. (If any one from Orbx read this, my ticket nr is 12991

Hi Nick

Yes i was thinking to buy it again and then ask for refound for the prepar3d version, but i guess is better to wait until orbx answer, just wondering if i will get back the money for the price difference, i mean the prepard3d is mor expensive(at the moment) 

//Gustavo

• 3 weeks later...

Was the Ricoh Arena missed out?

You mentioned that all stadiums over 7,500 seated capacity was done but its missing off the list and in-game its looking like a basic building - if it was indeed included I'm guessing something may of gone wrong with my installation.

MB20EV6.jpg

Other then the Ricoh arena looking odd I have to say from what I've seen of SP1 its looking good 

15 hours ago, tonywob said:

Noted, we missed this one it seems. I've added into the list to be done for a future update.

Before SP1 was released when the landmark update list submissions were in progress, I submitted several building requests for Birmingham city centre that are prominent and/or historical buildings that were left out of SP1. These were The Council House, The Town Hall, the new Library of Birmingham & Mailbox Birmingham. I neglected Baskerville House & Museum & Art Gallery which are both grand historical buildings. Please could you add them to the list also.

Also, are you aware that when the P3D version was released, It was stated that it already contained the upcoming landmarks from XP 11 SP1. It contained some but not all and even after the P3D SP1 was released, It still didn't contain all the landmarks from XP 11 SP1.

BhamParadiseCircusLandmarks.jpg

BhamVictoriaSquareLandmarks.jpg

Hello,

you should also be aware that there has been no "SP1" for the P3D v4 product, only an update.

TrueEarth GB South for Prepar3D v4 has now been updated to version 1.1!

The change list is as follows:

We have added a Control Panel which allows you to manage more than 135,000 objects

Autogen buildings have been revised and optimized to more accurately reflecting the region

Adjustments and corrections have been made to the models of custom footprint buildings.

Fixed various user reported bugs

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you should also be aware that there has been no "SP1" for the P3D v4 product, only an update.

Thanks for the reply Nick.

I concede that I mistakenly thought update 1.1 for the P3DV4 version was a service pack. My other point is accurate and valid though because the P3D version is listed as

"Great Britain South covers a whopping 42,000 square miles (107,349 km2) and covers Southern England and Wales. The Prepar3D version also includes all of the additional points of interest included in the (currently unreleased) X-Plane Service Pack 1". 

It doesn't so therefore would I be right to assume that it will receive a service pack that does indeed include all the "additional points of interest included in the (currently unreleased) X-Plane Service Pack 1" ?

Keith

On 3/12/2019 at 10:27 PM, Aeroflux said:

Really?...might be for you! :D

All 3 sectors of Great Britain for less than £100.00!  I mainly use VFR GEN X photo scenery for the UK, because you can fly VFR with it, which you can't with the ORBX version.  I have both.  It's too much make-believe in my opinion. However, although it took me a long time to get together all 10 sectors of the VFR GEN X UK Scenery, (I bought each sector as soon as it was released.) the final total cost was over £300.00!!!   Now here we have ORBX giving us 3D scenery for the whole of the UK in just 3 sectors.  IT IS THE BARGAIN OF THE YEAR!     Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know much about flight simming!   BTW I've been simming since it was first introduced on this planet.  I used a SINCLAIR 48k tiny rubber keyed computer.

Fly safe.

psvpilot59

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2019 at 2:48 PM, psvpilot59 said:

All 3 sectors of Great Britain for less than £100.00!  I mainly use VFR GEN X photo scenery for the UK, because you can fly VFR with it, which you can't with the ORBX version.  I have both.  It's too much make-believe in my opinion. However, although it took me a long time to get together all 10 sectors of the VFR GEN X UK Scenery, (I bought each sector as soon as it was released.) the final total cost was over £300.00!!!   Now here we have ORBX giving us 3D scenery for the whole of the UK in just 3 sectors.  IT IS THE BARGAIN OF THE YEAR!     Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know much about flight simming!   BTW I've been simming since it was first introduced on this planet.  I used a SINCLAIR 48k tiny rubber keyed computer.

Fly safe.

psvpilot59

I go back to the TRS-80 Model 1 in the early 80s and Bruce Artwick's first simulator FS1. It was also available on the Apple II. By the 90s Bruce had sold the subLogic Flight Simulator to Microsoft.

https://youtu.be/xmkYVSbodw4

12 hours ago, Badl4ndz said:

I go back to the TRS-80 Model 1 in the early 80s and Bruce Artwick's first simulator FS1. It was also available on the Apple II. By the 90s Bruce had sold the subLogic Flight Simulator to Microsoft.

https://youtu.be/xmkYVSbodw4

OMG  remember that, at the time it was great

That video took me back to the "good old day" I am off to find my tape recorder!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, riverreveal said:

Quick question: I've seen some forum posters comment they have submitted building requests. Where/how can we do that?

By following the instructions and attaching a .kmz file of the POI you request, on this thread:
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/152704-pois-of-great-britain-south-central/

And this thread:
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/163962-pois-of-scotlandnir-te-gb-north-your-input-please/

Both located here:
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/275-community-airport-poi-requests-and-photo-submissions/

• 4 months later...

Hi, I would like to point out you have left off a important landmark in North London. Alexandra Palace was used by the British Boardcasting Company ( BBC). To transmit the first television programmes in the early 1930s and was forced to stop due to the start second world war .  I would be grateful  if this was looked at and corrected.

Many thanks Tony.

Archived