Classic AI

Good afternoon,

I am a fan the previous generation of aircraft and love flying using VOR to VOR instead of programming my FD and using GPS.

As such I am flying classic aircraft from the golden era of propliners up to early jets and am running classic AI (set at early 1970s), having replaced default traffic with handcrafted schedules over the years.

While I love the detailed scenery and airports in ORBX products for a number of years now, the static aircraft in the scenery often clash with the rest of AI.

Is there a way of removing particular aircraft types (such as A330s, B747-400, DHC8-400 or MD80s) or even replacing them with older models?

Thanks

Ruediger

Hello and welcome,

Here are three general approaches.  All require some level of expertise:

Create exclusions  that intersect with aircraft you wish to remove and optionally replace them with ones you like.

By trial and error, locate the placement file(s) that place the aircraft and disable by using the extension .off.   This may  disable more than just aircraft but that may or may not be important to you.

If the aircraft you wish to remove / replace are default objects and you are doing this only for yourself,  find and copy the GUIDs of such objects, remove or disable them and substitute your objects using those same GUIDs. *Do not use this method for any Orbx objects either from the airport files or the Orbx Libs.* It would  interfere if you ever needed to 'verify files' and it would be a violation of the EULA.

Hi Larry,

thanks for the response. I can see there is no easy way.

As I rather randomly fly around the world it would be just a bit too much to use the exclusions, but that might work for places I visit more regularly.

The objects are mostly ones created by Orbx, like the DHC8-400 Wideroe, A330 Virgen or the J41 of Eastern Airways, so that approach won't work (or create problems down the line).

But can you point me towards which files might contain the placement of aircraft? I am happy to give it a try.

Thanks

Ruediger

Archived