TrueEarth GB South and Central SP1’s incoming

Hello all,

Just a heads up that we have service packs aplenty coming in the coming week. First up is SP1 for TE Netherlands AFS2, followed by SP1 for TE GB South for P3D. Finally we have a MASSIVE set of upgrades coming for TE GB South and a Central for XP11.

A full preview post is coming on Monday, listing the literally hundreds of new POIs, bug fixes and improvements, but I thought I would show you a little teaser of what is in store,

Here is Arundel Castle in West Sussex, complete with PBR textures:

68607BF8-B23F-4B98-BD17-AA88C33F28F2.png

8D8D4ACA-A3E8-4748-87C9-8A469DFDB688.png

5390FEF7-24A8-47B5-9CD6-148D735AF147.png

Note how the light affects the walls and surfaces?

PBR is a major element of the service packs and we’ll show you more on Monday.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad to see that you are releasing something for AFS2.

I do appreciate your continued support for XP11 as well.

Thanks!

PS - In addition to all the stuff listed below I have every ORBX product for AFS2 and probably 80+% of your XP11 products. I'd like the chance to buy more for AFS2.

Please. :)

We have begun initial work on porting GB South to AFS2, but please be patient because there are new team members who have to get up to speed on the tech. I can safely say AFS2 will have GB this year, but I won’t commit to any particular release timeframe yet.

Our aim is eventually to make TE regions concurrent releases as much as possible, but that is likely a year or so away.

5 hours ago, petehowell57 said:

Great news for March.  Spring is on its way (in GB), Sp1s on their way, now all we need is Brexit sorted out lol.

Thanks JV and team - much appreciated.

Pete

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Orbx can do to sort out Brexit - the current simulation of a government acting in the best interests of the people it serves isn't very convincing and there's plenty of room for improvement.  I'm sure with a bit of work Orbx can make everything look so much better in the UK even if there will still be people who will complain about things! :D

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

We have begun initial work on porting GB South to AFS2, but please be patient because there are new team members who have to get up to speed on the tech. I can safely say AFS2 will have GB this year, but I won’t commit to any particular release timeframe yet.

Our aim is eventually to make TE regions concurrent releases as much as possible, but that is likely a year or so away.

That's great news. AFS2 totally rocks in VR. It's soooo smooth... 

56 minutes ago, Badl4ndz said:

That's great news. AFS2 totally rocks in VR. It's soooo smooth... 

Exactly. I'll be buying any True Earth scenery for AFS 2 because performance is just light-years ahead of P3D. Looking forward to it. 

9 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Hi, Tom. It's been a long time since those Flight Unlimited 3 days :)

Hello Chris,

A long time indeed!

Did you ever learn to like trim? ;)

PS - That younger looking fellow in "my photo" is actually my dad in his last driver's license picture. He died at age fifty six... 45 years ago today... at which time I was residing in London England. I don't mean to burden anyone with this factoid but it is kinda on my mind today. :)

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

I am very glad to hear this. I am trying my best to be patient but man I'm 68 years old... nature will only allow so much patience I'm afraid. GB South will be excellent for AFS2 and I'll buy it the moment it arrives but the one I really want for AFS2 is PNW and on East from there. Also it has been a while since I've read your 2019 roadmap but I believe you made mention of Hawaii coming this year... probably for FSX/P3D but that would be awesome in AFS2. Please!

I very much appreciate this update on the status of AFS2 scenery. :)

I only fly in VR and I agree AFS 2 performs the best.  There is potential in XP11 but they need to sort out Vulcan which seems to never arrive :-(.  Prepar is poor in terms of performance and visuals. Personally I don't use it anymore.

I got back into Flight Sims through AFS2 and VR but I tried P3D and Xplane 11 recently.  P3D seemed far more dated as an engine for a flight SIM than Xplane 11 which I have found so immersive particularly when you taxi about the airports.  Then you add a sprinkling of ORBX True Earth and it is transformed for UK Simmers.  XP11 is my current go to SIM of choice because the whole of the UK is covered by ORBX.  It also offers the best transition between being on the ground and flying in a real world environment.  Cars. Trains and Police cars especially at night add to the immersion.  Day or night it's all there.

Oculus Rift User.

Also worth noting that you do get a discount from ORBX if you buy this stuff again for another SIM at a later date.  Enjoy it now on Xplane 11 and enjoy it again in AFS2 when it finally ports.  I know I will.  

Then switch back to Xplane 11 when it finally ports over to Vulkan.

Lots of choice coming and It is a good time to be a UK flight simmer once again.

8700K @ 5ghz 1080ti and 32gb ram gets me steady 45FPS in VR at maximum objects all over the UK apart from London 1.5 and ASW forced via Oculus debug tool.  I have to knock it back to medium for Gatwick, Heathrow and London City but it is all still good.

Thanks Orbx, Xplane11 and ASF2.

4 minutes ago, petehowell57 said:

LOL.  I wasn't suggesting initially that JV and his team sort out Brexit, but they've made such a great job of fixing GB in SIM terms ,perhaps it's not such a bad idea after all!!

Fancy moving into number 10 John?

Pete

It's not fixed until the Island of Ireland is sorted :lol::lol::lol: + The Channel Islands ;)

18 hours ago, John Venema said:

No we did not get time to add those, we're going to use the imagery for other purposes now.

No, please, no, please, this was the number one thing i was looking forward too since november.

Archived