TrueEarth Netherlands update 1.1 : scanning files took ages

vbazillio

Hello all,

I launched the update of TrueEarth Netherlands. The "Status : Scanning" started. In the progress I can see "xxxx /32180 files scanned". The process started slowly (rougly 30 files per seconds) then slowly slowed down. Reaching 31800, the speed is roughly 1 file per minutes. I had to cancel. At least FTX is responsive to closure.

Tested three times after rebooting. TE Netherlands in installed on a dedicated SSD (status OK, diagnostic OK, no specific issue detected) via a Symbolic Link.

Help is welcome.

No problems for me. As you say, my scanning took nearly 1 hr but after that it downloaded the new files and installed everything just fine. I think a lot of us just lack some patience. Let the FTXCentral do it´s job, go take a break and everything will be allright. I thing people just create problems by trying to stop the updates and start all over again. 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Cool for you but when it took 45 minutes between 31800 and 31900 and it seems slowing down and down... this process happened twice and letting the computer running alone, I think in 2019 that there's something wrong.

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

Cool for you but when it took 45 minutes between 31800 and 31900 and it seems slowing down and down... this process happened twice and letting the computer running alone, I think in 2019 that there's something wrong.

I can agree with you, but the question is,  where is the problem, is it in your computer or is it an ORBX problem?  Hope you will find out.

Jack

the Swede in Spain. 

I have just had exactly the same problems installing TE NL 1.10 update on two different PCs both running P3D V4.4.

Loading sticks at 6% on one PC and, after 5 mins at 6% goes to 92% loaded and sticks on the other one.

De-selecting all the TE NL elements from the scenery library immediately resolves the problem.

Chris

I really understand the frustration not to be able to install a scenery, but..........  There are probably a lot of people having no problems with installing the TE Netherland update, so my question remains. Is this an ORBX problem or a PC problem? Also installing/updating a product, and getting stuck on 6% or more while loading is two different problems. I would read the threads about CityScene Orlando to get more understandig about how these types of scenerys works.

Chris, did the updating work as it should? Is it just loading the sim AFTER updating that is slow/stucks?

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Jack

No problems with TE NL 1.0 on either PC.

The downloads of TE NL 1.10 to two different PCs both worked correctly.

The problem was that in both cases P3D v4.4 would not then load, stopping at 6% and 92% respectively.

Having “un-ticked” TE NL in the scenery library BOTH PCs then loaded P3D with no problems.

So, as far as I can see this is an ORBX issue.

Chris

Chris

You did not answer my question, "Did the updating work as it should? Is it just loading the sim AFTER updating that is slow/stucks?"

The "Loading sticks at 6% on one PC and, after 5 mins at 6% goes to 92%...." hints it´s not an install prolem, but a load problem. In fact this is a well known P3D/FSX issue and TE-type of scenery and also Orlando. We have to live with that until LM has solved the problem. Hopefully in v 4.5, as promised. Open up the Task Manager and you can follow the loading process/CPU/memory usage during the loading.

Jack

2 hours ago, Bernard Nieberg said:

Attempting to do the update right now, scanning has slowed to almost a complete halt at 31844 files scanned.

It has been running for hours.

Any suggestions how to speed up the process?

Thank You ! I'm not alone !

Ps : maybe the loading time issue could be part of another thread ?

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

Thank You ! I'm not alone !

Ps : maybe the loading time issue could be part of another thread ?

Count me in. I have the exact same problem.

I closed FTX Central and reopened it again to see if that would solve the problem. And now it started the whole scanning process again. At the same sluggish initial speed. ARGH. Another 3 Hours ahead!

Jack

My second post, about 1800Z yesterday, does answer your earlier questions eg “the downloads ..... both worked correctly”.

But my main point remains - I had no problems with P3D v4.4 loading with TE NL 1.0 installed, but I do have the loading problems described with TE NL 1.10.

However, if this is a known problem which will not be resolved until 4.5 is issued I will say, and do, no more.

Chris

I restarted FTX Central and as noted the update process started all over again, quickly at first but progressively slower as it scanned all the files.

I have discovered a solution though......

We went to the Texas Roadhouse in Tonawanda NY.

I had the 16 oz Ft Worth Ribeye (medium), loaded baked potato, Caesar salad and two double Jim Beam bourbons (I wasn’t driving).

When we returned home the update was complete.

Apparently patience and a great dinner is the solution!

Hope this helps.

Had this problem too how it freezes 24/7 then 30mins later the progress bar continues and then freezes again after like 20secs... Very bad because it freezes alot at 100% too so you think it's broken af when it's actually working and some idiots might get impatient and end the task because theres nothing telling them that its actually working or not... even my task manager froze at 25% and wasnt giving me proper readings... ssd btw

I've had two days of trying to update via Central, and gave up each time after some 8 hours. Found the best way is to uninstall the scenery, delete the files, and then download/install afresh. Time taken is about 3 hours from start to finish.

Some news.

Launched FTX Central yesterday. Just in case of, you know. Started slowing as usual to scan. Increment was around 100. I minimized FTX Central, let it run in background, then run my regular tasks. 1 hour and a half later, update was applied.

Go figure out ?

Consider this thread closed.

47324738591_8f5306a7c1_b_d.jpg

On 3/2/2019 at 3:50 PM, Banananav said:

I have just had exactly the same problems installing TE NL 1.10 update on two different PCs both running P3D V4.4.

Loading sticks at 6% on one PC and, after 5 mins at 6% goes to 92% loaded and sticks on the other one.

De-selecting all the TE NL elements from the scenery library immediately resolves the problem.

Chris

Chris I'm getting the same issue too.  I wasn't aware of an issue previously but I am currently rebuilding my sim after removing a dual boot on my pc.  I originally had my main non sim OS on a 250GB SSD and P3D 4.4 on its own 1TB Samsung SSD.  When using the sim Id boot into an OS on a WD Velocirapter drive.  PC was set up like this last year as testing multiple OS's and configurations etc diagnosing a fix for DXGI errors.  I have reformatted and have a single boot drive now on SSD and reinstalled P3D on the 1TB SSD, TE Netherlands is now the latest version but I found I am getting freezes at 6% also.  I do use a scenery configuration and have it set up as before only loading Europe scenery and leaving Oceanic and USA off but there is definitely a new problem.  If I load up a default aircraft at El Pratt (have Orbx Barcellona cityscape) it stalls for a minute at 6% then slowly goes on, if I try to start a flight at EHAM with TE enabled its stuck at 6% for at least 30 mins, sometimes it freezes at 38% approx.  Never had this issue before, have a i7 6700K at 4.7Gz, 16GB 3400mhz DDR at GTX1080ti.  Can load EHAM if I disable TE.  As sim not fully rebuilt Ive not attempted to fly into these areas from outside.  I understand there is a huge amount of files in TE but hadn't experienced these very long loading / freezing issues with the previous version.  Was close to uninstalling last night believeing Id done something wrong but glad to read others with similar problems.  Hope LM update helps.  

Chris

This topic is, despite attempts to derail it, still about the time taken to install the product,

not the time that it takes to load once installed.

TENL has a massive control panel to help with those who have a problem with loading it into P3D.

Archived