Low pass at Sedona

magic1

(For best view – click on pictures to enlarge them and use next arrows to scroll through)

M34PnJO.jpg

k8aXvnf.jpg

PubS9et.jpg

FjpZGIB.jpg

06orosP.jpg

3n5SdNB.jpg

P3D v4.1

REX – Sky Force

Aircraft: “Proton Stingrey” by Lionheart Creations

Orbx – Global: Base, Vector, Open LC North America, KSEZ Sedona Airport

Keep 'em coming, Magic. Thanks to your example, I bought the Stingrey last week and thanks to your help I finally got it started. It reminds me of the F-117 stealth fighter in that you really do have to let the autopilot do a lot of the flying because the plane really is a bit unstable if hand-flown. I'm still learning but hope to post a few in the new future, once again following your trailblazing footsteps. In the meantime, thanks for these great shots!

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I like these Magic but I wonder if it would really fly?  It doesn't look too aerodynamically stable.

Well if it doesn't fly Jack, you can always keep your horse in it!:wacko:

On 2/28/2019 at 8:40 PM, BradB said:

Out of this world shots Magic . :rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

On 2/28/2019 at 9:26 PM, adambar said:

Far out man! :D

On 2/28/2019 at 9:52 PM, lifejogger said:

Interesting aircraft and great shots of it and the scenery.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:45 PM, Iain Emms said:

Very nice.

cheers

Iain

On 3/1/2019 at 12:15 AM, wain71 said:

great shots of a very odd looking craft...

Thanks Guys!

On 3/1/2019 at 9:31 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

I like these Magic but I wonder if it would really fly?  It doesn't look too aerodynamically stable.

I think It's kind of like the B2 - needs a computer to control it. But of course its all a simulation:D

On 3/1/2019 at 12:08 PM, fltsimguy said:

Wow, what in the world is that?  Love this scenery in both P3DV4 and XP11+.

Nice shots!

Thanks, I do like the more peculiar aircraft - of course this one is fictional. Nice roomy cockpit with a view.

On 3/1/2019 at 2:36 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Keep 'em coming, Magic. Thanks to your example, I bought the Stingrey last week and thanks to your help I finally got it started. It reminds me of the F-117 stealth fighter in that you really do have to let the autopilot do a lot of the flying because the plane really is a bit unstable if hand-flown. I'm still learning but hope to post a few in the new future, once again following your trailblazing footsteps. In the meantime, thanks for these great shots!

Thanks Rodger - I have noticed that you can use the autopilot components (heading, altitude, speed) independently. So for example you can set the speed and use the stick and trim to control heading and altitude. Click around with the mouse and you will find all sorts of things. If you want to try something interesting - try a flat turn. Speed control very important on landings. I still find the landing to be adventurous..:)

21 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Well if it doesn't fly Jack, you can always keep your horse in it!:wacko:

funny

21 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful set and a great imagination with this plane.

Obviously some sorcery involved here getting it to fly!:wacko:

It flies nice - very quiet as it is electric. The XM music is a cool feature if you just want to float through the clouds and listen to some tunes.

20 hours ago, olderndirt said:

My first thought was Bill Ortis of Lionheart.  What a fertile brain. 

Yes Bill is a cool dude - I fly many of his aircraft. I'm definitely a big fan of Lionheart Creations.

• 1 month later...

I wish all the beautiful red rock spires in Sedona could get updated to show their majesty. I was just up there today and thought of my Orbx rendition of the mountains.  The city itself has grow too.  An update would be welcome and a sure seller. :D Now we're firmly 64 bit the possibilities would be great. 

2 hours ago, FireRx said:

I wish all the beautiful red rock spires in Sedona could get updated to show their majesty. I was just up there today and thought of my Orbx rendition of the mountains.  The city itself has grow too.  An update would be welcome and a sure seller. :D Now we're firmly 64 bit the possibilities would be great. 

Definitely a nice place to fly!

Archived