No Orbx products working in P3D

Stuart Crees

Hi,

I've tried everything. I've read multiple forum posts. Downloaded from FTX Central and manually. I cannot get even Global to install.

I also have Vector and Open LC EU/NA, but I'll worry about them after I sort Global.

My FTX Central and P3D V4 are installed on my C drive which is my main drive. My ORBX downloads are to my C drive.

I don't know if it's looking in the wrong place for the sim, but I cannot see anything to point it in another direction.

I've run out of ideas and would really appreciate some help. I've been flying for 2 months thinking I'm using ORBX, only to be told by a friend that I'm not!

I saw a link in another recent post to a P3D V4 file that needs to go in the P3D folder (https://orbxsystems.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=52106) but when I click the link, it won't show me the post (something to do with my forum account).

I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the response.

I've always altered the Scenery from the scenery library inside P3D, I wasn't aware this file was here, so guessing that's something to do with it (only been flying P3D for a month or two, Xplaner!)

I guess this needs to be re-ordered? Is the one inside the sim not related to the scenery.cfg?

Have attached scenery.cfg and uploaded screen of how my scenery library is in the sim.. i only have global and vector installed at the moment, currently re-downloading and reinstalling EU/NA OLC

Thanks

scenery.cfg

Screenshot (238).png

Thanks

Yes, the active scenery.cfg reflects what is shown in the scenery library.

I see Global base is installed, but you will need to activate the Orbx Libs by putting a tick in the left column in your scenery library or none of your Orbx scenery will work.

I see no sign of Vector being installed.

Also, for your scenery to display correctly once installed and the libraries are activated, you will need to set the insertion points in FTXC3 as per the below instructions.

Cheers

Doug

29 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks

Yes, the active scenery.cfg reflects what is shown in the scenery library.

I see Global base is installed, but you will need to activate the Orbx Libs by putting a tick in the left column in your scenery library or none of your Orbx scenery will work.

I see no sign of Vector being installed.

Also, for your scenery to display correctly once installed and the libraries are activated, you will need to set the insertion points in FTXC3 as per the below instructions.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

The insertion points are as the guide. At the top, but below airports.

I have ticked the orbx libs and reloaded the sim.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but this is still default scenery?

Also regarding vector, it wasn't installed at the time (was in the process of), it is now installed.

Screenshot (242).png

Screenshot (243).png

Screenshot (244).png

scenery.cfg

Screenshot (241).png

52 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Stuart

Everything looks good. For screenshot comparisons we will need coordinates from the Shift +Z keys so we can go there and have a look.

You can also use the below topic and do your own comparisons.

Hi Doug,

It's definitely not showing, this is me and a friend, flying the same route, i'm about 20nm behind him..

This is his screen below. Mine looks nothing alike, is definitely default.

Thanks 

Desktop_Screenshot_2018.04.03_-_17.08.19.42.png

Screenshot (259).png

Sorry I don’t know what products your friend has installed, I have not seen his scenery.cfg. I also do not see any coordinates for your screenshot so it is impossible for me to help.

Also, as just the two of us are in this conversation there is no need to quote my every response. :)

• 10 months later...

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times but Global/Vector/Open LC EU/NA etc won't show up in the sim (from what i can see i still have default textures).

I've done a lot of googling and read a lot of forum posts but I can't seem to get them to show. Any ideas?

This is my scenery library order (orbx default installation location). From the Googling I've done, I believe these are in the right order. ObjectFlow V2 is ticked in FTX Central.. not sure what else to do

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

P3D1.PNG

P3D2.PNG

Archived