roads & pylons!

jon182

Hello im new on here, just got Global base pack, Global vector & Global Europe LC, loaded fine however when fsx runs the roads appear all in white! look like squares & I believe the pylons next to the roads also!! im running windows 10 , did a grapic card GeForce update, hoped this would solve the issue but still the same! Any ideas please? 

thanks 

To help ensure a trouble-free installation, install SP1, reboot, open FSX to the default flight, close FSX, then do the same for SP2. It might not matter, but then again I've seen instances helping on another forum where it did. Plus the usual antivirus off during installation and always install as Administrator.

SP1 is no longer available for download from Microsoft. But it's still available from several other sites. Here's one of them (a Google search will give more):  https://www.gamefront.com/files/flight-simulator-x-service-pack-1-english/download . And, here's the link to download SP2 directly from Microsoft:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8986  ..................Doug

Hello guys 

thanks for your help I have now installed service packs 1 & 2 that has cured the problem.

however my next thing is the detail doesn’t look very good? Like your screenshots in the webpage my settings are set as advised in user guide! I enclose a screenshot to show you I was flying in Manchester Uk the city had disappeared replaced with just some buildings! 

However do I need to buy Europe region England for this to appear?? 

046EA4AA-A7D0-4AE2-B7AE-592F38EDB2E3.jpeg

120C55B4-0A98-4839-8863-B8F5E47AF8B2.jpeg

Hi

Please first install the Orbx Libraries, I don't see them in your scenery library.

Then follow the below process.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option in FTXC3 settings.

Hello,

thanks, this is now your active scenery library.

Unfortunately, you seem to have misinterpreted "Orbx Libraries" and instead create an ORBXLIBS

scenery library entry pointing to your Aerosoft product.

Very inventive but it is not adding the Orbx libraries.

1.jpg

Please open FSX and delete that scenery library entry.

Wait until the scenery library has been updated and close FSX.

Then open FTX Central and install the Orbx Libraries that you will see as "Not installed" on the Global products page.

When this has finished, FTX Central will have added the correct scenery library entry and your products will work.

Ok I have but I have done that many times with them all, my add on scenery works ok now I had to run the tool airport elevation corrections 

but what worries me is you guys keep saying that the OrbxLIBS is not showing?? Does this matter? 

Hello,

This is what you have done to the Orbx library

1.jpg

This is the correct scenery library entry to the Orbx libraries.

2.jpg

The Orbx libraries are vital to the products which do not work correctly without them.

However, if you feel that your problem is now solved, we will mark this topic as resolved and move on.

If you really have installed the Orbx libraries, then you need only

open FSX and delete that scenery library entry.

Wait until the scenery library has been updated and close FSX.

Then run FTX Central and wait until you see "activating Orbx scenery"

appear and disappear.

Archived