SOMETHING DIFFERENT #7 part 3 : The Unknow Country - through the savannah (Los Llanos) upto Rio Negro

jean marc

SOMETHING DIFFERENT #7 part 3 : The Unknow Country - through the savannah (Los Llanos) upto Rio Negro

For the beginning of the trip : go to SOMETHING DIFFERENT #7 : Following von Humboldt & Bonpland in 1799/1801 - Part 1 Spain to Trinidad
Here is the link :  https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/168013-something-different-7-part-2-trinidad-tobago-nueva-andalucia-northern-venezuela-from-cumana-to-caracasin-17991800/

For the previous part 2 : Trinidad & Tobago, Nueva Andalucia (Northern Venezuela) from Cumana to Caracas
Here is the link :  https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/167515-something-different-7-following-von-humboldt-bonpland-in-17991801-part-1-spain-to-trinidad/

DOWN THE HILLS & THROUGH THE SAVANNAH, Going South to San Fernando de Apure : 

"Several parts of the vast forests that surround the mountains were on fire. The inhabitants set fire to improve their pasturage and to destroy the shurbs that choke the scant grass. Aridity has increased all over the province because it is less forested that t was before the conquest..."

1fxqhnh.jpg

#81a

M8mku9L.jpg

#81b

1c08wwK.jpg

g8HLHlb.jpg

jwSb2OU.jpg

3RuUtOk.jpg

KVlyjch.jpg

TJZYoQC.jpg

eCUPPGz.jpg

VrEI9GB.jpg

8MjvqoV.jpg

3HlzCFl.jpg

eIzOwiv.jpg

9SOYUW6.jpg

ON THE RIO APURE in a territory inhabitted by "tigers"[jaguars] and crocodiles...and pink dolphins...

IO3bi1q.jpg

wjPZhp4.jpg

OFmtTpV.jpg

NeYvutE.jpg

bHQrz7U.jpg

jDMbfOn.jpg

mIpW2ID.jpg

LjH156a.jpg

ON RIO ORINOCO upto SAN FERNANDO DE ATABAPO via the Grant Cataracts of Maypures

12kRElY.jpg

rEbpUO6.jpg

#104a

tgdfouz.jpg

#104b

OPl87HV.jpg

uLlJFpS.jpg

AVX1TB3.jpg

36tBKRB.jpg

oUNoHgp.jpg

ImhzbXv.jpg

WG77zgz.jpg

ZVQnReA.jpg

69XF2UZ.jpg

apLh1T4.jpg

3IOmXsK.jpg

aCmGQDM.jpg

N31FcMA.jpg

2PEENUE.jpg

z1Oei4r.jpg

aeiuzq8.jpg

opjqLyy.jpg

KqgQDS0.jpg

SAN FERNANDO DE ATABAPO - Going upto the Portage to the Rio Negro (Amazonia Bassin !)

#123a

pEr649c.jpg

#123b

QOn45Fs.jpg

AlkDNFT.jpg

LtOgCBJ.jpg

dQQd5JB.jpg

VSqpJcD.jpg

5mtxXqU.jpg

bYRIGRA.jpg

rGhWkRq.jpg

hYfPqaT.jpg

JpdV4Hj.jpg

UM2QD2e.jpg

oxBn2A2.jpg

m3AKwD0.jpg

vYzSyam.jpg

XcqBasm.jpg

ENTERING THE RIO NEGRO !

efI0ByT.jpg

xvbLfaX.jpg

Rvr9umt.jpg

T0eHa5R.jpg

yH3d4aS.jpg

SeYfdSd.jpg

See next part : Rio Casiquiare, curare and cannibal tribes...

Hoping you liked this long long Journey in Venezuela ... 220 years ago

Do not hesitate to leave any comment :)

3 hours ago, Sibbritt said:

Hi Jean

That was INCREDIBLE.

You have created the new bench mark for screen shots.

Cheers...Kim

Thank you very much Kim for your kind comment. I am happy you liked it.

PS As you are from Perth (lucky man :)), maybe Kim you will enjoy the SD#5 story in Western Australia that I posted after the wonderful trip I had the pleasure to do last holidays ;)

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Jean Marc, another amazing example of your creativity and fine historical posts.  This would take me literally weeks to compile, how in the world do you find the time to create these screens?

Really glad of your comment, Jack.

I started to collect the pictures and to read books about the great men in December...a few evening per week during about 2 months ... sometimes taking time on the night. Well with 24 hours per day, 10 for work, 6-7 to sleep therefore still enough for family and such story preparation :P

3 hours ago, JMBIII said:

History that was not taught or even mentioned in school !

too many other things to tell in school :P many thanks JMB 

16 hours ago, DunRingill said:

Wow! Thank you! 

Cheers Dun  :)

14 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Well what can i say Jean Marc just stunning and fantastic what a flight and what a lot of work you have put in to show your trip and i rarely enjoyed  the History and all the fantastic pictures and your screen shots thanks very much  so stunning regards EMM

Very glad you liked :) thank you for your really kind comment Stewart

12 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Fantastic flight, lots of wildlife and nature, thanks for taking us!

Greatly appreciated Dolf - amazing of the wildlife is rich bythere indeed :) and we are only at the half of the story :lol:

12 hours ago, Taph said:

Super flight and great edits, love snippets from the books, really brings the area to life

Thank you Taph ... I am happy you liked the snippets (old English from 1800) The book are very interesting and it was hard to sélect only a few lines :)

Another truly epic leg or Humboldt's journey, put together so well and lively! It really comes alive, the heat, the moisture, the giant mosquitos that sting you through your hammock (ouch!), the jaguars waiting in the jungle... and the incredibly brutal fate of the poor woman. :( But sure, they only wanted to save her soul... hahaha. :wacko::angry:

That ape that the indians fear... could it be related to this one?

De_Loys_Soci%C3%A9t%C3%A9_des_Am%C3%A9ri

On 2/24/2019 at 8:26 PM, Captain Lars said:

Another truly epic leg or Humboldt's journey, put together so well and lively! It really comes alive, the heat, the moisture, the giant mosquitos that sting you through your hammock (ouch!), the jaguars waiting in the jungle... and the incredibly brutal fate of the poor woman. :( But sure, they only wanted to save her soul... hahaha. :wacko::angry:

thank you very much for your rich comments Lars. I am happy you had interest for the texts :) I tried to give an idea about the travel condition and point of view in 1800...but not sure that many people read these small characters texts :(

On 2/24/2019 at 8:26 PM, Captain Lars said:

That ape that the indians fear... could it be related to this one?

great shot you found...well we will never know about the Mono Grande and I love this mystery (I prefer to not have any real explaination or photography O0). I found funny how such same believe is shared all over the world

Archived