FTX USA/Canada Pacific Northwest will be released Sunday February 28th

John Venema

So unless I got this completely wrong, prepays can start downloading 0100 UTC on the 27th, which for us in the PNW is 5pm on Friday the 26th (this according to the World Clock converter).  :o :o :o :o :o  Freakin awesome except that I don't get off work till 9pm. Will have to contract some illness by Friday I'm sure. ;D ;D

Al

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolter -

I'm sorry to be obtuse, but I'm still confused.

Does the countdown clock refer to the general release, or to the early sale to preorder customers?

If the clock refers to the general release, then preorder downloads would begin 27 February 2010 at 01:00:00 - meaning 0200 on the 27th in the Netherlands... or 2000 on the 26th here in the "Atlantic Northeast" (Washington, DC, specifically). 

Can you confirm?  I hate to press you, but I need to know how to ration my meds....

Best,

Alan

Will the pre orders be notified by E-Mail when and where you can down load from?

Just curious,

Tom

In the past, the answer to that question is 'YES', so I assume that will be the case this time as well. That said, I have no idea how many pre-orders there have been, so I would not rely solely for just that email. Keep watching the forum here for the latest and greatest news. That is the best way to know.  ;)

As of now, the FlightSim store is offering pre-orders of either a straight 4+Gb download or the download with a DVD backup for an extra $7+.  Would it be better to wait for your DVD release at the end of March and how much to ship a DVD from Australia to Washington state? 

Archived