True Earth For Aerofly FS

ridgeskimmer

31 minutes ago, John Venema said:

We are trying to put the people into place to make that happen, yes. I myself would like to see how it looks and performs, for sure.

Great news!

Is there any possibility you can get traffic moving? Just curious if that's being looked at "in the round".

Hate seeing those static car decals baked onto the roads!

Make the dream a reality and bring it on ORBX!  Aerofly FS2 is so smooth that TE Netherlands has been a real treat; I certainly would buy other releases for AFS2.  The TE experience in VR is something to behold.

JV, I for one think Aerofly could possibly be an ideal platform to test out cloud-based scenery distribution (in realtime) - a taste of the future so to speak - I hope ORBX can muster the resources to support AFS2 with TE releases in the near term. 

This will be a very positive move that will push a very promising yet relatively little known product into the future, which will in turn open new spaces for the DLC market, and stimulate active competition of different platforms.

I have been following IPACS and Aerofly for several years. They are a small but very dedicated and persevering team. Their pace is slow, but very steady, ensuring top quality products and long term goal. I am optimistic about their future. They are worthy of investment.

Clearly, as I owner of TE Netherland for Aerofly fs2, and TE South GB in Xplane, nothing compares in therm of smoothness, performance to Aerofly fs2...

More: the light in daytime is so realisitc in Aerofly fs2 (of course, still now with the only reserve of no rain or really bad weather in this sim). So iti is great news if OrBx still plans to provide us AF2 add-ons (I’m a proud owner of all the Orbx AF2 Products, as well since years of more than 30 ORBX products in Xplane, P3d and fsx....). To my opinion, there is just one sim that can offer you constant 90 to 120 fps...

On 2/12/2019 at 4:33 AM, John Venema said:

We are trying to put the people into place to make that happen, yes. I myself would like to see how it looks and performs, for sure.

I have fallen in love with this sim. Trueearth GB would be a dream come true.

I just brought the Netherlands for AFS2 to test out the True Earth Series as I dont have it for XP or P3D. Of all the platforms, AFS2 is the one that I am looking to invest into on the true Earth products but really want to have a coverage area where there is addon airports and I have good sectionals for to plan trips. Ideally, SoCal is the one area that I most look forward to seeing AFS2 and additional airports but decided to use the Valentines Day sale to try TE out and see what its like.

Well my quick look around in AFS2 TE Netherlands has me hooked on TE for AFS2. Looking forward to when TE comes to the PNW as well as all the small strips. I dont need ATC or traffic to enjoy xc flights to and from uncontrolled using true landmarks to navigate by.

> The team has been formed and they have begun preliminary work.

Thank you John! I would love to buy more Orbx scenery for AFS2 however there are none that I don't already own.  Please don't give up on AFS2...there is a big sleeping giant waiting to burst forth if given a chance.

PS...I truly believe that PNW for AFS2 would be as well received as it has been for the other platforms. I can not help but believe that once there are more quality places available to fly, AFS2 is really going to take off, and when it does, it will open up a whole new group of potential customers for you!

On 2/11/2019 at 10:06 PM, Fizzelle said:

Great news!

Is there any possibility you can get traffic moving? Just curious if that's being looked at "in the round".

Hate seeing those static car decals baked onto the roads!

That is one of the reasons Aerofly have so good performance, no moving objects in the world exept you :)

4 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

That is one of the reasons Aerofly have so good performance, no moving objects in the world exept you :)

Nonsense.

Even if you stripped AI aircraft and moving traffic from P3D it wouldn't be in the same ballpark as FS2 performance wise.

6 minutes ago, Cyrex1984 said:

You have more moving objects in p3d, water,clouds,different animations.

That is right ! But using P3Dv4, Xp 11 as well, which have much more features that is right, clearly Aerofly fs 2 is miles ahead in terms of image definition, lights, graphics and performance. But for sure, this sim is just at the beginning.... Orbx was the pionner to join this simulator, and then Aerosoft, and now Justlfight will offer planes as well.... and believe me, it is just the beginning....

On 2/16/2019 at 11:42 AM, Hervef2 said:

That is right ! But using P3Dv4, Xp 11 as well, which have much more features that is right, clearly Aerofly fs 2 is miles ahead in terms of image definition, lights, graphics and performance. But for sure, this sim is just at the beginning.... Orbx was the pionner to join this simulator, and then Aerosoft, and now Justlfight will offer planes as well.... and believe me, it is just the beginning....

Plus (finally) there are quite a bunch of planes being released for it to give users more flying options.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:32 AM, Cyrex1984 said:

You have more moving objects in p3d, water,clouds,different animations.

If you stripped all of that from P3D it still wouldn't be in the same ballpark as FS2. 

With 1000's of custom buildings in view (crystal clear view I will add) you can still get over (yes over) 240 FPS. The amount of legroom this sim engine has is crazy. Don't take my word for it. JV here has already praised the FS2 engine on several occasions. 

Archived