TEGB North in the Vulcan XP11.

Iain Emms

Excellent set.
Best for me are nos. 4 and 5.

26 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Amazing Iain... so real :o  A shame this beauty doesn't fly anymore; seeing the last flight at an airshow a few years back was quite something... the howl of the engines went right through you.

Amazing machine - saw her at Farnborough back in 2008.
RoC of up to 5,000 ft/min for a big 1950s jet is seriously impressive.
To experience the deafening roar of the engines and unique howl first hand was just incredible.

Still gives goosebumps!

Iain, so nice. I had to laugh that among all the shots of the mighty Vulcan flying at altitude, there was one sneak shot of a Vulcan buzzing a lake surface. The only times I actually saw the Vulcan in real life was when I was stationed at Goose Bay, Canada, and the Vulcans would come through. I swear I never saw one fly above twelve feet off the ground, and if you were on a remote road in your car--watch out!

Lovely shots and a fantastic aircraft - I'm quite lucky as my local airfield has one parked at the end of the runway and can be seen as you drive past (I make sure to go that way whenever I'm near) 

Just wish I'd been able to see one flying

XL426 is parked at my local and regularly did powered runs during open days and was proudly parked near the control tower for a few years, though sadly hiding by a hanger now.  When XH558 did its farewell tour around the UK in 2015 before being grounded, it included a couple of passes over Southend and aside from that sound making the hairs on your neck stand up, the last flypast included an impressive wing waggle as if to say goodbye to XL426.

Oh yes, the screenshots; hard to pick out a single one that wouldn't pass for a photo Iain!

Archived