TrueEarth North missing/very low textures

SEBart

While doing some very low altitude flying across GB I realized that TEGBN is missing the grass effect. 

First screenshot is somewhere around EGHI and second one is around Edinburgh, however I tried it around Inverness as well - same problem.

Am I missing something or was this made on purpose? I attached a screenshot of my scenery order as well.

Kind regards,

SEB

Cessna_172SP_G1000_2.png

Cessna_172SP_G1000_3.png

sceneryini.jpg

Thanks Bob! Don‘t know why I wasn’t able to find this topic myself. As Tony suggested, an option to turn them on would be very nice. I don’t think that they look too bad at altitude, but it definitely looks better with them on during low level flight and exploring the scenery in vmc! Thanks for the workaround as well, however I will probably wait for ORBX to *hopefully* implement an option to bring them back for North.

Anyways, thanks again for your help!

SEB

hi I tried the terrain append app it worked thanks for that

but its not so grainy as the central region so you don see it so well at the same altitudes, are there any parameters or setting to make the decals look the same 

cool thanks a lot  I will try that ……………………………… any suggestions for settings...……………. is there any way of finding out what  has been set up on the central and south regions 

its a shame all the regions haven't  been given the same treatment  its like two different products but its great to have the capability to change it in   Xplane 

I did some flying along the boarder between central and the north and the transition is very abrupt although higher altitudes you don't see it, low down there's a massive difference. I can see some pattern side effect at height so I know what people are talking about but  I think it works great for low helicopter flying, especially landing, Anywhere!

Archived