True Earth for Australia

XCLTM3

12 minutes ago, XCLTM3 said:

As the title suggests, Australia (where it all began for ORBX) is way overdue for a complete overhaul.

And did I mention for P3D platform?!

Many thanks,

Steve

Australia V2 is scheduled for release in a few months. Checkout the thread I made about it. :D

Lets calculate this (I know this is not precise): TE Netherlands for P3D Needs 70GB of diskspace for a coverage of about 41'000 square km. Australia is roughly 7'900'000 square km, means about 190 times bigger. Ergo this would need 13'300GB of diskspace, or 13TB. Not very realistic, no?

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

Lets calculate this (I know this is not precise): TE Netherlands for P3D Needs 70GB of diskspace for a coverage of about 41'000 square km. Australia is roughly 7'900'000 square km, means about 190 times bigger. Ergo this would need 13'300GB of diskspace, or 13TB. Not very realistic, no?

Well I have a 10TB drive for storage in my new PC, along with 2 x 2TB SSDs.  All I need is few more of the 10TB drives and I'll be set.  Or wait until June and grab a few 20TB drives which will no doubt be common then :D.

11 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Well I have a 10TB drive for storage in my new PC, along with 2 x 2TB SSDs.  All I need is few more of the 10TB drives and I'll be set.  Or wait until June and grab a few 20TB drives which will no doubt be common then :D.

Not all of us have unlimited financial resources so we will just have to cut our cloth according to our width.

Kind regards

Ian S

24 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Not all of us have unlimited financial resources so we will just have to cut our cloth according to our width.

Kind regards

Ian S

I can assure you my finances are limited Ian :).  My comment was also meant to be tongue in cheek, as the reality is it has already been stated there is not going to be a TE Australia.

Cheers,

26 minutes ago, Qantas_10 said:

You could always look at a hybrid landclass (outback/bush) vs true earth/city scene (populated areas) package for each state of Australia ... that would vastly reduce file size.  

The beauty of TE is the non-repeating textures, every rock looks different. The vast majority of my flying is in the boonies, so that option wouldn't really offer anything better than Australia v2 to me.

Australia V2 is probably my most eagerly awaited product from Orbx. I do a lot of GA flying so any improvement in visuals is a plus TE or just full fat. Must admit the amount of XP11 stuff that orbx have release lately has me wondering if i should do the full switch over or stay with P3d. Ive pumped so much money into P3d though.

16 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Not to mention the clamouring that there would be about load times for 13 TB of textures.

(Ian -  also tongue in cheek)

With xplane you can pretty much put as much scenery you want without affecting loading times, so no excuse there for not making it for xplane. 

These huge hardrives with plenty tb cost almost nothing these days, so dont see storage as a problem either. 

There will not be a True Earth Australia.

Archived