FSX: No more apron-lights at ESSA after update

skyjunkie

Hi Marcus,

thank You for the nice texture and jetway update at Arlanda !

The only anoying issue now is that the apron lamps,

the apron floodlight keeps dark at night in FSX!

I kept a copy of the old version of ESSA,

so if You could tell,which file was responsible for

the apron-lamps to shine at night,

I just would copy it over to the updated folder of ESSA.

Regards, Jens P.

7 minutes ago, skyjunkie said:

Hi Marcus,

thank You for the nice texture and jetway update at Arlanda !

The only anoying issue now is that the apron lamps,

the apron floodlight keeps dark at night in FSX!

I kept a copy of the old version of ESSA,

so if You could tell,which file was responsible for

the apron-lamps to shine at night,

I just would copy it over to the updated folder of ESSA.

Regards, Jens P.

Hi!

Thanks!

Got this report from another guy as well. I’ll see what went wrong and we’ll post an update instead.

Give me a few days to figure this out.

Regards,

Marcus

3 hours ago, Jens89 said:

Marcus, have you managed to fix the problem with the missing apron lights  and the wrong sode jetway colours @ ESSA FSX? I don't have a previous version of it to fix it myself.

Hey,

The gates we will probably not be able to do anything about.

The missing apron lights and a few other things will be updated with a patch soon. Sorry it's taking some time.

Cheers,

Marcus

Thanks for replying. The lights at the Jetways/ Fingers only work at Termian 3!  The other Terminals and the RED jetways are nearly white at night and have no extra light, look very strange in FSX when it's dark. at day they look normal red. Hope that it will be fixed also.

Cheers,

Jens

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, timmee62 said:

HI,

Just to say I have the same problem as Jens89. Hope there's a fix?

Tim

12 hours ago, Jens89 said:

Hey Marcus, i am still  waiting for the FSX Update> ESSA- missing apron and jetway lights! Is the update available now?

Sorry, it is in beta, we had to address a few other things. You are not being forgotten!

Any update on this? I get the same problem. Works fine when spawning up at ESSA. But after arriving in Stockholm after a short flight from Gothenburg for instance it doesnt work and basicly the whole apron is black.

Whenever I fly to/from other airports than Arlanda it works just fine after landing.

14 hours ago, Captain_Edward said:

Any update on this? I get the same problem. Works fine when spawning up at ESSA. But after arriving in Stockholm after a short flight from Gothenburg for instance it doesnt work and basicly the whole apron is black.

Whenever I fly to/from other airports than Arlanda it works just fine after landing.

Yes its on its way, sorry we just needed to address a few other things as well and better to do it right then to just rush the patch. It's on its way :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 8:29 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Yes its on its way, sorry we just needed to address a few other things as well and better to do it right then to just rush the patch. It's on its way :)

Just asking here instead of creating another thread on the issue. After the latest update to ESSA there is still no apron lighting or dynamic lighting, I use P3D V4.4. 

9 minutes ago, Shamrock727 said:

Just asking here instead of creating another thread on the issue. After the latest update to ESSA there is still no apron lighting or dynamic lighting, I use P3D V4.4. 

Try to reinstall and ensure you have dynamic light on in both the config tool for ESSA and P3D. Let me know if that doesnt work.

18 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Can you maybe show a few screenshots from both daytime and nighttime from ESSA?

Apologies for the late reply, I couldn't get around to doing it last night. 

As you can see in the images, there is no dynamic lighting what so ever and no apron lights. The daytime textures work fine, but night time is a different story. At every other airport that supports dynamic lighting the AI traffic and surrounding objects in the reflection area of the light, light up. 

stk1.png

stk2.png

stk3.png

27 minutes ago, Shamrock727 said:

Apologies for the late reply, I couldn't get around to doing it last night. 

As you can see in the images, there is no dynamic lighting what so ever and no apron lights. The daytime textures work fine, but night time is a different story. At every other airport that supports dynamic lighting the AI traffic and surrounding objects in the reflection area of the light, light up. 

Thanks for the screenshots.

What I can tell from the screens is that Dynamic Lights are clearly not working and you are missing taxilights, apron details and a few other things that should be present.

Could you take a screenshot of the configtool for ESSA so I can see what options you are running?

Do you have these files in the P3D/Effects-folder?

fx_ORBX_ESSA_White_Round.fx

fx_ORBX_ESSA_White_Round_ctrl.fx

And this one in P3D/ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery?

ORBX_ESSA_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.bgl

4 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thanks for the screenshots.

What I can tell from the screens is that Dynamic Lights are clearly not working and you are missing taxilights, apron details and a few other things that should be present.

Could you take a screenshot of the configtool for ESSA so I can see what options you are running?

Do you have these files in the P3D/Effects-folder?

fx_ORBX_ESSA_White_Round.fx

fx_ORBX_ESSA_White_Round_ctrl.fx

And this one in P3D/ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery?

ORBX_ESSA_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.bgl

fx_ORBX_ESSA_White_Round.fx YES 

fx_ORBX_ESSA_White_Round_ctrl.fx YES 

ORBX_ESSA_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.bgl YES 

1.png

2.png

1 minute ago, Shamrock727 said:

fx_ORBX_ESSA_White_Round.fx YES 

fx_ORBX_ESSA_White_Round_ctrl.fx YES 

ORBX_ESSA_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.bgl YES 

Ok thanks, so weird.

And the file ESSA_2018_PLC_Main.bgl is in the FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery folder as well? I noticed all objects in the file were missing in your screenshots too, so something seems very odd.

7 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Ok thanks, so weird.

And the file ESSA_2018_PLC_Main.bgl is in the FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery folder as well? I noticed all objects in the file were missing in your screenshots too, so something seems very odd.

Yes that is also in the folder. I am wondering whether or not it is case sensitive? Should the .bgl be BGL or bgl? 

5 hours ago, Shamrock727 said:

P3D V4.4 correct. 

We found that if having Scenery Complexity setting too low would cause some objects to vanish. Could you try setting it to the "very dense"?

Also, if that does not solve it all (for me the taxiway lights went missing if having too low setting for instance), please take some screenshots of your P3D settings so I can try them myself.

Cheers,

Marcus

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

We found that if having Scenery Complexity setting too low would cause some objects to vanish. Could you try setting it to the "very dense"?

Also, if that does not solve it all (for me the taxiway lights went missing if having too low setting for instance), please take some screenshots of your P3D settings so I can try them myself.

Cheers,

Marcus

Here is my settings, I am unable to test out the scenery complexity at the moment with ESSA as I am inflight. You know how it is ;)

Untitled.png

4 minutes ago, Shamrock727 said:

Adding to my previous post - I have just tried setting the scenery complexity to Dense, no change, Very Dense still no change and then Extremely Dense with absolutely nothing. 

Alright.

Are you using any addons that can be good for us to know about that would potentially have an impact? Other swedish airports etc?

Also, don't know if that would matter at all in this case, but where in the scenery list is the insertion for ORBX products? At the top?

6 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Alright.

Are you using any addons that can be good for us to know about that would potentially have an impact? Other swedish airports etc?

Also, don't know if that would matter at all in this case, but where in the scenery list is the insertion for ORBX products? At the top?

No other Swedish airports. I use timezone fixer from Sim Elite Solutions and Stargazer by Chris Bell. As I said earlier, no other airport is affected and I'm not sure how ESSA could be the only one suffering from the lack of lighting IF the above products were the cause which I highly doubt they are. 

The position of the ORBX Products in the scenery config is in the centre. 

Just checking your screenshots you are missing fences, blastfences, all apron details, light masts, taxiway lights, dynamic lights. The dynamic lights are just a tiny bit of your problem with ESSA.

And that is only the things i spot right now and a lot of those things are not optional so it's fascinating that they somehow are missing.

Still you have the rest of the scenery apparently working ok, and ObjectFlow seems to be functional.

Good thing though, if we figure this out you will probably have a completely different experience with this airport. ;)

Here is the same scene on my computer with the same settings as you are using for ESSA.

1490414631_Prepar3D2019-03-1321-58-41kopiera.thumb.jpg.7619a59c5435bf69994c36c9b864a0eb.jpg

I found the source of the problem. Marcus your question in regards to the position of ESSA in the scenery config gave me an idea to check the entire scenery config for anything out of the ordinary, sure enough there was a duplicate set of ESSA entries. One was added with the addom.xml method (likely a previous installation) and the other was added the "old" way. I deleted the addon.xml entry and voila..the scenery is working perfectly. 

Apologies for that, if only I had thought of looking at the scenery earlier...

Thank you for your help though Marcus, much appreciated.

Ciarán

1.png

2.png

40 minutes ago, Shamrock727 said:

I found the source of the problem. Marcus your question in regards to the position of ESSA in the scenery config gave me an idea to check the entire scenery config for anything out of the ordinary, sure enough there was a duplicate set of ESSA entries. One was added with the addom.xml method (likely a previous installation) and the other was added the "old" way. I deleted the addon.xml entry and voila..the scenery is working perfectly. 

Apologies for that, if only I had thought of looking at the scenery earlier...

Thank you for your help though Marcus, much appreciated.

Ciarán

Great to hear!

hope you get to enjoy the scenery now.

cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived