Emporio Magnus Bonus

Stillwater

No fear, mates, this is neither a latin lesson nor a history one. This is "just" a flight between the two airports that come as a bonus in Magnus´ Kiruna scenery. An early morning start in Visby...

TN0KAkq.jpg

... where de-icing was requested by the ground crew.

xbY7A1O.jpg

Taking off in southerly direction, ...

cZWnGp1.jpg

... yields a beautiful turn over the historical city of Visby.

gWpyrxF.jpg

No too much to see from the swedish landscape...

o9C5WnM.jpg

... but the approach to Borlänge / Dala was even worse: Some might call this "whiteout"...

NFj8xqy.jpg

Due to the wind direction we were guided into runway 14 - which does not have an ILS. And the visibility was not really good...

6yeVRxL.jpg

Nevertheless, we found the runway, finally.

RaIDRvn.jpg

The next challenge was finding a useable taxiway...

tEFEXTm.jpg

Made it. A great flight, and two bonus airports that make Kiruna to a "must-have" scenery for me. And I did not even visit Kiruna itself yet...

y0j216I.jpg

kflxTuN.jpg

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Top shots from your winter flight from Sweden Gerold , I enjoy looking at all the wonderful white stuff . :):angry::ph34r::lol:

Cheers

John

Thank you John. It is really impressing what can happen in these sims today. Even if you don´t see much scenery...

20 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Excellent set Gerold and this is really white snow.   :)   I think I have to do a winter preset.

The Visby scenery is great, I like it very much.

Thanks Andreas. I have changed nothing to the colours, just p3d, orbx and REX4TD - with no special setting.

30 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Nonetheless I have no idea what you want to say with your title... Challenging approach!

So easy, I thought: bonus sceneries in Magnus Almgren´s Kiruna scenery. Which makes a total empire of 4 sceneries from him in Sweden. And these are a (surprising) pleasure to me.

This approach was even more than a challenge... I had the ILS32 prepared, when ATC assigned RNAV14Z to me. visibility was about 500 ft AGL.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow, no ILS and a whiteout?  Nice shots Gerold but did you consider diverting?

Never I considered that... as wifey had already called for dinner just after Top of Descend..

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow, no ILS and a whiteout?  Nice shots Gerold but did you consider diverting?

Looks like you might see some white stuff down your way on Tuesday Jack : Rain and snow before 1pm, then a chance of snow between 1pm and 4pm. Enjoy it my friend !! .

John

12 minutes ago, BradB said:

Looks like you might see some white stuff down your way on Tuesday Jack : Rain and snow before 1pm, then a chance of snow between 1pm and 4pm. Enjoy it my friend !! .

John

Nah, we'll get nothing and the next day it's gonna be sunny and in the 40's.  It was 52 today.

25 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

So easy, I thought: bonus sceneries in Magnus Almgren´s Kiruna scenery. Which makes a total empire of 4 sceneries from him in Sweden. And these are a (surprising) pleasure to me.

It was the "Emporio" that irritated me. :lol: "Emporion" is a market place as far as I know... "Imperium Magni Boni" I'd say.

26 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

This approach was even more than a challenge... I had the ILS32 prepared, when ATC assigned RNAV14Z to me. visibility was about 500 ft AGL.

At least it was RNAV. :)

Thank you, @Iain Emms, Stewart @European Mountain Man and @paulb !

17 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Gerold, this is a set of beautiful pictures, a fine story, and a scenery show. My only reservation is when ATC says forget the ILS and land in whiteout. If I got down alive, I'd be climbing that tower soon after landing.

Thank you Rodger. And I think your training suggestion for the ATC is an adequate one!

Archived