Sumburgh Parking orphan positions

herky1955

The parking at EGPB Sumburgh appears to be not working.

When I try and use GSX at Sumburgh, I get a warning that "this parking is isolated ground services are not available". 

I am parking the Mjc Dash 8. The GSX editor works and the wingspan is correct. It just keeps stating "not available".

Is there a way I can get the parking positions to work with GSX?

P3dv4.3, latest Orbx updates applied.

Regards

David

23 hours ago, DaveH-UK said:

Maybe you have 'Sloped Runway' option selected in the EGPB control panel?

Dave

Yes I do have sloped runway selected. I didn't know this affected the parking spots?

Thanks I will try un selecting sloped runways and see if it changes anything.

EDIT.

OK I disabled sloped runways. Loaded up at Gate 3. This produced an error. GSX unable to locate file...then it gave the Orbx afcad in red across the screen, I think?  I was unable to access the GSX edit function for EGPB. It was as if it had been removed, or GSX couldn't see it?

I replaced sloped runways and got the "this parking is isolated ground services are not available" message.  GSX editor was available again?

The term "isolated parking" suggests the parking node is isolated. I used to have the airport editor, but have not messed with it since I usually break my installs when I do!  I surmise that the parking nodes are not joined up somehow?

Does anyone have a success with GSX at Sumburgh, or is it me?

Thanks.

I have not used GSX, mainly fly GA, so ground services not so important to me..

The 'sloped runway' option at EGPB disables aircraft AI, so I thought maybe GSX might use a similar .dll and be similarly affected.

From your testing there is clearly some interaction between the option and GSX .

I use EGPB often, and in all respects it appears to behave normally with the option Off.

My only other suggestion is to try creating a new GSX file after the sloped runway is set to Off and your Sim restarted,

Dave

22 hours ago, DaveH-UK said:

I have not used GSX, mainly fly GA, so ground services not so important to me..

The 'sloped runway' option at EGPB disables aircraft AI, so I thought maybe GSX might use a similar .dll and be similarly affected.

From your testing there is clearly some interaction between the option and GSX .

I use EGPB often, and in all respects it appears to behave normally with the option Off.

My only other suggestion is to try creating a new GSX file after the sloped runway is set to Off and your Sim restarted,

Dave

Yes it looks like its a GSX issue so I don't expect any help from Orbx here, which is fair enough.

With Sloped runways on, I can get GSX to open up the ground editor and place vehicles. When you request them GSX says its an isolated parking and fails.

With sloped runways off GSX cant find the EGPB ADE ST BGL file. Don't know how to get GSX to create a file so I'll leave it there.

Beats me?

Anyway its only for the Dash 8 so the pax hop down the boarding steps without help. Don't need a tug so GSX not vital.

Incidentally, just for fun I flew my route from Aberdeen to Sumburgh in the QW 787. Landed on 27 ILS in a 32 knot crosswind, sloped runways on. What a ride! Made it, not pretty, but moved some snow off the apron..LOL! Amazed to land on a 4,500 ' runway with a big guy, but that's flight simulator for you!

Best regards

David

Archived