The ragman

Stillwater

After a late arrival in Frankfurt with ...

... we have to take the last connection of the day out of Frankfurt to Hannover: LH58, the so-called "Lumpensammler" (is "ragman" the right translation?) for us. I hope all our luggage makes the connection as well...

PK4cc1u.jpg

Taking off the 07C - with a camouflage plane.

sbWJrpJ.jpg

Frankfurt CBD to our left.

s2h8RPd.jpg

Not much to see on the ground, but a nice navaid to our right side.

GlPuPxr.jpg

On short base you can see Hannover airport left ahead...

rWlGBni.jpg

... and we are way too high!

vFcDWE0.jpg

But I had no interest in going around, so I extended the speed brakes, released flaps and gear as soon as possible and skipped the autoland in order to speed up. Successfully.

p24aPG7.jpg

This was the last post of my "Vacation in Australia" series. I hope you enjoyed it?

Just the other day I had to perform a VOR approach on Pago Pago during night time, and I admit I was content with myself at the 5th try. Way too steep!

And now to your flight: I enjoyed it, and you can be glad it wasn't Eurowings, cause there's a good chance they would have said: "Oops, sorry, please come back tomorrow, we could have a flight for you then." :)

Cheers!

18 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Nice night shots and good job of piloting on the landing.

Thank you John. Maybe a really good job would have included a calm holding or a go-around...

18 hours ago, BradB said:

You've got better eyes than me Gerold , but then I'm sitting in FC and not flying the plane . B):o:D:lol:

Cheers

John

If you - like many other simmers - still like to sit in the row in front of FC, it helps to have local VFR knowledge. Like I had in this case... ;D

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Gerold, would loved to have seen it in the day.

You´ll be served. Not this week, but surely soon.

17 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Just the other day I had to perform a VOR approach on Pago Pago during night time, and I admit I was content with myself at the 5th try. Way too steep!

No ILS in pitch black night, that is a challenge. At least if it is not your home turf...

BTW I would assume you were flying a 777, not the ultralight in you attempts?

17 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

And now to your flight: I enjoyed it, and you can be glad it wasn't Eurowings, cause there's a good chance they would have said: "Oops, sorry, please come back tomorrow, we could have a flight for you then." :)

Cheers!

Best practice is delaying the flight in 1-2 hour intervals, before finding out there is no crew, slot, or motivation to fly (except serving the passengers, but is that a motivation?). And cancel the flight finally short after midnight.

16 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Number one set of shots! Excellent views of the night life on the Autobahn!

Thank you Erik. The A2 goes left (westwards), the A7 goes right (north). The next level of hardware might be able to add road traffic in significant amounts.

13 hours ago, adambar said:

Great set of night shots Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam.

11 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Good last leg, Gerold. I sure enjoyed the adaptation at the end. Threw out everything but an anchor! Bet it was noisy!

You got me, Rodger, that anchor thing was basically what I was thinking of.

11 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Great set Gerold! :)

Thank you Paul.

6 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Fantastic set of shots Gerold from you flight regards EMM

Thanks for commenting, Stewart.

Archived