Real-life 787 Cockpit Video landing at Brisbane International! [YBBN]

KoBe

https://youtu.be/ri-YHpa4Nac

Make sure to watch in "4K" for the best-looking video if your internet can handle it, otherwise it looks a little grainy :P.

So, how does this compare to the good ol' QualityWings 787 + Orbx YBBN combo. In my opinion it stacks up great (framerate looks a little better in real life :D)

The Gateway Motorway Bridge is such a prominent landmark when on approach, isn't it?

Hope everyone enjoys it.

Cheers,

Chad

Very nice!! :) Always see some little small things about the RL procedures that I haven't seen before.

QW runs very well, at least in P3D4. YBBN however is one of the airports with relatively bad fps. But meanwhile it's OK compared to my earlier system and FSX. I just discovered that plane in ist full range now that some things have been improved compared the original release. It's not yet PMDG or FSL, but certainly nice, stable and a pleasure to fly. 

7 hours ago, Benny said:

Now it's sublime, but pretty hard to land

Really? Besides the 737, I find this one of the most convenient airplanes to land in the sim.

4 hours ago, DeeJay said:

Very nice!! :) Always see some little small things about the RL procedures that I haven't seen before.

QW runs very well, at least in P3D4. YBBN however is one of the airports with relatively bad fps. But meanwhile it's OK compared to my earlier system and FSX. I just discovered that plane in ist full range now that some things have been improved compared the original release. It's not yet PMDG or FSL, but certainly nice, stable and a pleasure to fly. 

Really? Besides the 737, I find this one of the most convenient airplanes to land in the sim.

Thank you! What I've noticed is that the 787 is an extremely slippery aircraft and demands plenty of descent planning well in advance. The thing just doesn't slow down!

I know it's only personal choice, but I didn't like the position of the camera, at all. I like to see what is going on, in the video and that means seeing the upcoming runway and the gates, etc.

The video is superb quality, 4K, but it's so dark, it's hard to make anything out in the cockpit.

Mind you, that 787 is one beautiful bird. My wife and I flew home from Singapore on a Dreamliner a few months ago. The steward introduced me to the Captain and FO and I showed them my cockpit at home. They were stunned. I asked if I could take some pics and they told me to fill my boots.

I got lots of great shots.

You gotta love aviation...

Frank

12 hours ago, KoBe said:

Thank you! What I've noticed is that the 787 is an extremely slippery aircraft and demands plenty of descent planning well in advance. The thing just doesn't slow down!

OK, that's really true. I can't remember having used so much spoilers during descend than in the 787 :lol:

...exept in the CS 757, but that was before I've realized that it obviously calculates the holdings as a mandatory part of your planned descend path - and at the same time, doesn't show them in the ND.. but that's a different story again.

On 1/22/2019 at 4:09 PM, tennyson said:

I know it's only personal choice, but I didn't like the position of the camera, at all. I like to see what is going on, in the video and that means seeing the upcoming runway and the gates, etc.

The video is superb quality, 4K, but it's so dark, it's hard to make anything out in the cockpit.

Mind you, that 787 is one beautiful bird. My wife and I flew home from Singapore on a Dreamliner a few months ago. The steward introduced me to the Captain and FO and I showed them my cockpit at home. They were stunned. I asked if I could take some pics and they told me to fill my boots.

I got lots of great shots.

You gotta love aviation...

Frank

Thanks for the feedback Frank, I’ll keep it in mind for next time. I’ll try and capture some daytime footage anyway, so it should come out better in the recording.

10 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

This is what I think of those ridiculous "blurred boxes" that are always added when company names/logos are in shot  :banghead:

Hahahaha, I’m sure the information given likely narrows down the options quite significantly...

Archived