The long leg home

Stillwater

Do you remember the first three legs we will have to fly on our way back home from our planned Australia trip?

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/165774-an-uncommon-fire-patrol/

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/165894-5th-freedom-flight/

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/166011-from-oz-to-singers-as-well/

Here we go with the 4th one, milewise the longest. SQ326 from Singapore to Frankfurt, departure time is 13:55 h. We can see all the good food & lovely drinks being loaded...

jZmY03a.jpg

Takeoff with approx. 90 tons (200 tlbs) of fuel takes significantly longer then on these short hops.

gzNk6Re.jpg

A last view towards Singapore...

C30mfeb.jpg

... and Changi airport, currently being expanded on another artificial landmass.

qrffn0j.jpg

Climbing out over Malaysia, ...

Feg0neG.jpg

... next to Malacca city.

UxRZT40.jpg

4 hours later we make landfall in India, near Bubaneshwar.

em913ZU.jpg

LY23JJL.jpg

The economy class passenger can only hope for a good inflight entertainment. And for the free drinks on board of this airline.

IjVYEbT.jpg

Chenab river in Pakistan, ready to merge with the Indus.

13rfivg.jpg

The Panjab plains are behind uns, now we face the Balochistan ridges. The borders of the balouchistan province were made by the british colonial gouvernment in the 19th century under ignorance of the ethnical groups present. Which is still the reason for military conflicts.

cX3LwS7.jpg

Afghanistan. Facing the same trouble: Historical home to the Pashtuns, Tajiks, Hazaras and Uzbeks it was turned in the 19th century into a buffer state in the "Great Game" between British India and the Russian Empire. As we all know the artificial borderlines between have not led to peace since then.

d33UKTj.jpg

We are peacefully heading into the night over Azerbaijan...

JoO5VRT.jpg

... and Georgia.

rM3fQCp.jpg

8tWnMxN.jpg

Darkness around for 4 more hours... until Vienna.

VXEUoth.jpg

Nuremberg to our right, where we start to descent.

PMliBDp.jpg

On downwind to EDDF, ...

Vuu6T74.jpg

... this is STAR PSA07S into the 07R.

o06MnZE.jpg

On base, ...

JuB3ahp.jpg

... final, ...

p14Cvvw.jpg

... and here we are. On time.

bH94FGt.jpg

Parked at the B gates, as usual for Singapore Airlines. Hope you had a nice flight.

OnP9vco.jpg

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Wow Gerold what a great and long flight......  Enjoyed the shots and you narrative.

Thank you for reading & commenting, John.

1 hour ago, European Mountain Man said:

super duper flight and fantastic set of shots Gerold regards EMM

You´re welcome, Stewart!

1 minute ago, bernd1151 said:

Wonderful flight, Gerold, in both our favourite airline.

Thank you , Bernd. Indeed, this airline is and will probably stay our (not only our) favourite.

2 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

But wait, isn't that flight leaving Singapore normally at 23:50 hours :D:D

I don´t hope so. I got the booking in front of me, and we even have an inbound connection with the same airline... :o:rollmyeyes:

7 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I don´t hope so. I got the booking in front of me, and we even have an inbound connection with the same airline... :o:rollmyeyes:

You are right, I forgot that there are two flights a day to Frankfurt (I usually take the night flight) ;)

Awesome flight report, Gerold, as always.

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

We are peacefully heading into the night over Azerbaijan...

JoO5VRT.jpg

Hast du Lensflare gegen einen Blendeffekt getauscht? Damit experimentiere ich gerade etwas. Ein super Screenshot!

The economy class passenger can only hope for a good inflight entertainment. And for the free drinks on board of this airline.

Now think of the "poor" sucker that goes on a standby ticket, and the last free seat was the jumpseat (in the galley, besides the toilets).

8tWnMxN.jpg

Another super shot.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

54 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Awesome flight report, Gerold, as always.

Another super shot.

Thanks Lars!

Hast du Lensflare gegen einen Blendeffekt getauscht? Damit experimentiere ich gerade etwas. Ein super Screenshot!

Oh, da habe ich gar nichts gemacht: Nur p3d einmal eingestellt und dann mit REX 4 TD ein paar Texturen getauscht. Meine Sonne ist "set 01", die sky colors "set 04 - July heat".

Now think of the "poor" sucker that goes on a standby ticket, and the last free seat was the jumpseat (in the galley, besides the toilets).

At least this seat would give you the chance of hours of small talk with the Singapore crew :wub:!

4 hours ago, mikee said:

Great Long flight Gerold ! Well done my friend :)

Thank you Mikee! Unfortunately this route does not pass your island...

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Grand flight of day into night Gerold . :):)

Cheers

John

Too much darkness to enjoy openLC Europe. But at least the lights of the cities impress a lot.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was swell Gerold!  A very long flight indeed.  This Frankfurt, is this Aerosoft's?  I was thunking of buying it.

Thanks Jack. And the tanks were only about 2/3 full, that plane can do much longer... :blink:!

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Splendid flight and images Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam!

15 hours ago, renault said:

Wonderful Gerold.

I really , really enjoy your delightful commentary. 

I know, it takes some additional effort to do this and for me it is very much appreciated that you include it.:)

It makes an A+++ into an A+++++ !

Cheers & thank you

Renault

Thanks for your comment - and your understanding, Renault. Indeed it is some work to find out about the beautiful scenery you discover during flight. But finally it is also a pleasure - just like any other travelling and learning about your destinations.

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful flight Gerold which I really enjoyed.

I assume the service was first class as usual!

Thank you Martyn. Unfortunately the service today was limited - I was "home alone" and no Singpore Girl (or any other person) around. I even had to go to the supermarket during the flight to get food!

Archived