Southeast Asia - can I call it "Martyn´s backyard"?

Stillwater

Getting ready in Delhi in typical Indian weather...

8Whcz0E.jpg

... and with the typical traffic jam. This airport has only single runways, so it is way to small for all the traffic (like their roads).

v6tyH6U.jpg

ynEg9qG.jpg

The ganges and some artificial lakes near Dhanbad.

Ukf3cAg.jpg

Kolkata. As big as LA, and as flat.

a51ak1x.jpg

Leaving the coast of Bangladesh...

MglEsLo.jpg

... and landfall at Myanmar.

vwt26aT.jpg

Irrawaddy river - its banks are full of pagodas.

NAktR77.jpg

Bangkok, hidden under the curtain.

DTkbuAJ.jpg

Into Singapore we got the STAR ARAM1A, for the 02L.

WME2U5j.jpg

W1SmjKK.jpg

num9XQg.jpg

Watching the golfers...

jXRTpBy.jpg

ItnEzEv.jpg

... just before a soft touchdown.

BlKTj1g.jpg

OK, get ready for nightlife!

508H2Ts.jpg

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Great flight and shots Gerold!!!!!  It is always nice look at shots of areas I never fly at.

Thank you John. At least in virtual it is only few clicks away for you!

1 hour ago, Rongor said:

We really do need OpenLC Asia...

That is true, Rongor. And I even left out the landclass repetitions. Rome was not built on one day!

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Man, South East Asia is one of the ugliest places in the sim...:ph34r:

So you went back to Singers and didn't look at my flight to SFO... !! :(:wacko::'(

Lars, Africa is not much better depicted, yet. Even the Canaries, and they are only a jump away from us!

I´ll check your work in a minute :wub:!

53 minutes ago, BradB said:

Thanks Gerold for starting another discussion on the urgent need for Open LC Asia . :)B):rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

Honestly, John, I wanted to start another discussion about Martyn´s holidays. Perhaps this comes up tomorrow B)!

Thanks Gerold for reminding me, sure was a dream start to your flight and a Dream Start at the finish!:lol:

What a terrific RL photo, reminds me of Bradford when I used to visit years ago.

There is no need to make any comment about OLC Asia is there but I mustn't complain as I  now have my old country to fly around in the best possible detail.

Thank you for commenting, John @musterpilot, @carlosqr and @Iain Emms !

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, I liked it because I always get to learn something new.

It could only be the geography, as you know how to fly by the book already.

15 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Besides the yellow :D

You got him, Carlos!

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold for reminding me, sure was a dream start to your flight and a Dream Start at the finish!:lol:

What a terrific RL photo, reminds me of Bradford when I used to visit years ago.

There is no need to make any comment about OLC Asia is there but I mustn't complain as I  now have my old country to fly around in the best possible detail.

Dreamtime in the Dreamliner, always a good idea.

The picture was not taken in Bradford, as far as I remember. It might have been Visakhapatnam, at India´s west coast...

I would not even expect an entire continent in TrueEarth... the landclass base with a bit mouthful ton (!) of POIs is suffiient for me....

16 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Beautiful aircraft! Though you realize you don't have to drive on the right side in aviation? :D:P

I never care which side to use in p3d. And I did not in FSX before. Just keep "collision reality" off...

16 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Well, Gerold, let me risk much wrath by saying that I enjoyed the trip and do fine in SE Asia. But, then, I still do fine in FSX. Keep your standards low, says I, and they'll always be met. ;)

You wisdom is indeed a good way to be satisfied. In the case of flight sim programs I would still recommend to go on to p3d, it is easier on the CPU, avoids CTDs, improves graphic effects and most add-ons work (though some charge you extra).

Archived