From Oz to Singers, as well

Stillwater

After a short pit stop in Canberra, SQ288 continues his way home. Real departure time is 23:15 h. Even if you can´t see the plane.

0IrtcIK.jpg

Accelerating for a lovely SID...

jWKTzWY.jpg

... and turning left over Canberra city.

cP7aoeb.jpg

A waypoint in the middle of the country. If you have it in full screen mode, you can see Yulara north of the rock, and the runway of YAYE airport even a bit further north.

unpH0tW.jpg

Broome.

NpEErLR.jpg

Bye, bye, Australia!

lE2hxCj.jpg

Tanjung Pinang, shortly before our arrival, ...

cOn0h3E.jpg

... which will follow another lovely STAR.

lbjooq6.jpg

It looks like we are going to survive, ...

uH5Bk0e.jpg

... even veeeery soft!

weBZZTP.jpg

Jg1Lrdh.jpg

9V-SVV is home again. Without defects. Real arrival time is 05:15 h, but we were a bit faster. @Captain Lars, you can take over, for example for your next leg after https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/165974-from-oz-to-singers/ !

aGxevnt.jpg

I admit that my flight was a bit earlier, otherwise time wouldn't have been sufficient to fly the plane back to Canberra before you took over... anyway some very good night pics, Gerold! My next flight was a bit longer, but yielded some beautiful screenshots. B)

Gerold, while you were ferrying us so gracefully through the night skies, I was in the back enjoying the elderly Chinese couple from Singapore returning home after seeing their daughter in OZ. And the wonderful Flight Attendant who patiently made a great trip for a six-year-old-boy traveling by himself. And the KIWI exchange student sleepless with excitement about her year ahead in Beijing. And little old me, snuggled under my blanket and rejoicing in the wonder of an overnight flight in this wonderful part of the world. Thanks so much for the memories!

13 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice little flight and night shots Gerold! :)

Thnak you Adam!

19 hours ago, BradB said:

Red eye delights Gerold . B):D:)

Cheers

John

Well I was doing the flight at day, and I was even leaving the office and walking around. So redeyes only for the paxes... B)

17 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Number one set of shots! What a spectacular arrangement of lights outside and in.

Thank you Erik. It is a big improvement if you have these night shots in full screen mode, and without other colours than black on the screen.

21 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Well that just perfectly captured the essence of those long hauls!

Thank you TT. The long boring periods or the fantastic catering are some things I could not put in my post :D.

18 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I admit that my flight was a bit earlier, otherwise time wouldn't have been sufficient to fly the plane back to Canberra before you took over... anyway some very good night pics, Gerold! My next flight was a bit longer, but yielded some beautiful screenshots. B)

It is a pleasure to see that we are enjoying similar flights. Well, from time to time, as you know I sometime use smaller vehicles :).

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I love SIDs like that Gerold, it seems they make you circle back around to gain altitude or separation and that's one tight STAR for something so large.  Great shots!

It is all about preparation, Jack, isn´t it? You need to know when to adjust speed, and you need to try to hit the desired altitude as far as possible.

17 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Gerold, while you were ferrying us so gracefully through the night skies, I was in the back enjoying the elderly Chinese couple from Singapore returning home after seeing their daughter in OZ. And the wonderful Flight Attendant who patiently made a great trip for a six-year-old-boy traveling by himself. And the KIWI exchange student sleepless with excitement about her year ahead in Beijing. And little old me, snuggled under my blanket and rejoicing in the wonder of an overnight flight in this wonderful part of the world. Thanks so much for the memories!

Oh Rodger, thanks for your novel! Especially with Singapore Air on such a night flight it fits just totally!

And if it is real memory, the better. For you and for me. I like that!

19 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

I absolutely agree. With the city on the right and the airport dead center and the water on the left, the approach shot is my favorite.

Thank you Erik. Indeed, that approach view was magic - especially after these hours of darkness!

Archived