An uncommon fire patrol

Stillwater

Flight VA962 is ready for boarding at Brisbane, gate 44.

Xq6SPjs.jpg

During taxi passengers can enjoy a last city view...

CFYS9kz.jpg

... and one of the terminals.

mjqMTNr.jpg

Then we climb out...

f44A3Gt.jpg

... over Moreton Bay...

kXc6fdc.jpg

... into the clouds.

9LiXELI.jpg

Look carefully towards Gold Coast. I don´t mean the skyscrapers at the coast. I mean the foreground!

ksAjlC0.jpg

I am not sure if this is Orbx or OZx. Ocurrence was about 4:15 pm on a Sunday.

aWawjc2.jpg

After notifying the local authorities (by mobile for sure, the way to the cockpit is forbidden >:(!), we continue to the dry fields of NSW.

kleUeMZ.jpg

Warnervale.

IhGlubf.jpg

And here we have Pittwater Bay, where @teecee has his weekend hideaway.

QO7zwSt.jpg

In the distance we see our destination.

y7BKLZ6.jpg

The Caltex refinery below us, ...

FsYDGgt.jpg

... while the sun sets over Botany Bay.

pqQJkmg.jpg

On final to the 16L. I can´t give you more close-ups, cause I use add-on scenery...

zRzVmLp.jpg

I thought, "hey, Gerold is going back to professional big tin", but then I read

9 hours ago, Stillwater said:

After notifying the local authorities (by mobile for sure, the way to the cockpit is forbidden >:(!),

It took me a couple of readings to understand this line: Are you actually a passenger in this plane??? :D

But apart from this, I congratulate you on your report! Some very good pictures, an interesting find, and I'm sure you wouldn't have got flogged for showing us some more of Sydney. My fav airport in the sim!

Thank you, @Iain Emms !

On 1/2/2019 at 7:44 PM, BradB said:

Fantastic shots Gerold , as far as shots 7 & 8 go ; probably just a local firing up his "Barbie" . :):rolleyes::o:D

Cheers

John

This could be an explanation... there are some very BIG THINGS in Australia!

15 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I thought, "hey, Gerold is going back to professional big tin", but then I read

It took me a couple of readings to understand this line: Are you actually a passenger in this plane??? :D

But apart from this, I congratulate you on your report! Some very good pictures, an interesting find, and I'm sure you wouldn't have got flogged for showing us some more of Sydney. My fav airport in the sim!

Sorry Lars, on this flight I was only a passenger :blink:. And I will be in real, later this year... B)

YSSY is a well-depicted airport indeed, and not all good food must be cooked in the same kitchen. We all are keen to see the next bunch of orbx products, so the resources need to be allocated well.

15 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Gerold. Very nice capture of a commercial trip. How did you get that fire into the program? Really makes it seem real.

Thank you Rodger. I did not get it in, it was there by chance! Or by orbx? Or by OZx? I don´t know...

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

If you ever see a fire at the refinery it may be a good idea not too fly over it:ph34r:

A very enjoyable set and also a great find.

TINA*, if you were to land on any of the 16-runways.

I have to admit the combination of Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, real weather, the Aerosoft Airbus and a load of AI traffic brought my system to its knees - maybe the heat of the CPA was setting up the fire?

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Beautiful tour Gerold and so that's what Botany Bay looks like, it's marvelous.

Thanks Jack. Indeed always great light effects in p3d.

20 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Have run out of superlatives to describe your captures and narratives mate so I'll just say bloody good :D

Thank you for this nice compliment, TT. It´s getting easier for you now, as I will stay in jets and slowly drfit away from Queensland now... :unsure:

15 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic shots and trip Gerold! :)  But, what are you doing in the cockpit if your a passenger? :unsure:

Thank you Adam. I gave my camera to the purser, and she was kind enough to take some pictures. Unfortunately I had to serve the biz cabin in that time, and these passengers are... tiring.

Archived