Global Base & Scenery Libr.

Rustyflyer

Hi all... silly question (getting the rust off of my FSX fundamentals):

I've just now installed the Global Base package, and my understanding is that it completely replaces the existing MSFSX base textures. That being the case, am I correct in assuming that an entry entitled "Global Base" (or something similar) should not appear in the Scenery Library, and I should not look to include it as a scenery "Addon" in the library? After having installed the Global Base product, no such entry exists in my FSX library.

Secondly, I see that FTX Central provides an button to access a package's given Control Panel. I noticed that this button is grayed out with respect to the newly-installed Global Base package. Is this because, as simply a fundamental base texture replacement, there is no Control Panel [for it]?

Thanks much!  Russ

Base will put a few small sceneries in the scenery library.  Mostly these are for the landclass.  The landclass products really enhance the overall product.  FTX central is used mostly to install products.  I'm not sure what you're asking.

Thank you, Geezer... After having let FTX Central install Global Base, I noticed no changes to my FSX scenery library, and I did not see a Global Base set that I could 'add' to the Library by clicking the "Add Area" button and browsing around in the FSX root folder or the Orbx sub-folder. So I suppose I wanted to know if:

a)  I should see any changes to the FSX Scenery Library as a consequence of having added the Global Base set?, and

b) Do I need to additionally "Add Area" the newly-installed Global Base set to a 'slot' in the hierarchy of FSX Scenery Library listings?

Oh, and should the Control Panel button in FTX Central be grayed-out with respect to the Global Base product?

Thanks so much, your help is very greatly appreciated!

Hello!  You won't see any entry for Global Base in the scenery library.  It replaces the sim's default textures.  And since Global Base replaces default textures, there's no need for an active Control Panel button.

See the product description at OrbxDirect:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/global-base

Cheers!

Archived