NZGS Gisborne runways

DaveH-UK

The photo image of NZGS shows the correct configuration of runways, but I have found in FSX that the file NZGS_ADEX_FHK.bgl allocates Rwy 14/32 correctly as Bitumen and Rwy 03/21 as Grass; but Rwy 14L/32R and Rwy 09/27 as Asphalt instead of Grass.

This causes problems with AI aircraft.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. This was done to let People be able to choose wether they like the grass runway dynamic in fsx or not. Persobally i think it is a bit too much (way too bumpy) 

What problem does it cause with AI? 

You can easily go in and change the surface type yourself in ADE, if you'd like :)

Finn

Hi Finn,

Thanks for your reply.

I currently use Traffic 360 (was Traffic X), but any program that assigns random GA traffic based on the runway characteristics can cause aircraft to 'disappear' after taxiing or landing on the 'wrong' surface.

I have not used ADE editor before, but I may give it a try if the majority of users are happy with the current configuration..

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

I also have a minor problem with NZGS and the runways. In FSX the default ATC considers 03/21 GRASS as the default runway and will assign it to me even though I am flying a LearJet or even PMDG 737-600(lightly loaded!). This always happens both in landing and takeoff so I have to ignore ATC and get told off every time!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Recently I found that my AI traffic even the Q300 where landing and departing on the Grass runway. I used an editor to delete all other runways other then the main 32/14

I can still fly off the Grass if I chose but forced AI to only use the one Runway.

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, DaveH-UK said:

Hi Finn,

Thanks for your reply.

I currently use Traffic 360 (was Traffic X), but any program that assigns random GA traffic based on the runway characteristics can cause aircraft to 'disappear' after taxiing or landing on the 'wrong' surface.

I have not used ADE editor before, but I may give it a try if the majority of users are happy with the current configuration..

Dave

Edited the .bgl to give correct grass runways and ATC problems solved,

Archived