GPU education sought

dbd

Hi there everyone,

I hope this post is made in the right sub-forum.

I'm new to this forum and have returned to the world of flight sims after a 14 year absence. I am out of touch with the associated technology. I do have a technical background and know CPU's, RAM etc but almost nothing about modern GPU technology.

Question:

Can I ask for hints and pointers to on-line resources, tutorials or videos that would help me thoroughly understand GPUs so I can follow the GPU related posts here and make educated choices when selecting a GPU for complex flight simming with complex add-ons such as PMDG and ORBX scenery?

I've tried googling but the information in a lot of links is out of date and I am so out of touch with this aspect that I'm also experiencing trouble judging the relevance of my findings.

Kind Regards

dbd

P.S.: I don't mean to offend anyone...so should I have posted to the wrong sub-forum please just advise...Thanks!

Edited by dbd

5 hours ago, M110A2 said:

Greetings:

I'm also looking for the same kind of GPU information for a DELL OptiPlex 7010 SFF. I have 32GB of memory but just a 2GB Intel HD 4000 GPU.

Greetings:

So I went and decided on a GPU for the Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF, an MSI OC Gaming GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDRR5 128-BIT HDCP Supports DirectX 12  Low Profile. Hopefully with the 32GB Kingston Fury Hyper X Memory which OC's itself I should see some better graphics. We'll see Saturday as long as Amazon Prime delivers promptly. I hear these are pretty powerful cards for Small Form Factor PC's. 

• 3 years later...