Two sights for me, and two for Jack

Stillwater

To the northwest of Brisbane is Mount Coot-tha https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Coot-tha,_Queensland . The aboriginal people used to collect honey ("ku-ta") up there.

uEGHN5P.jpg

This is the view from its top:

xGwX0UX.jpg

Just a few miles south should be Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Pine_Koala_Sanctuary , but it is missing here.

SjsU6bl.jpg

So I had to head back to the city center. The vector data are good here, even the landclass makes sense. But autogen and buildings are still far away from reality...

zKa5yQm.jpg

That means: Down to Brisbane River, ...

L4nTkf1.jpg

... to Story Bridge (you can also climb it if you like http://storybridgeadventureclimb.com.au/), ...

yMC7Jbx.jpg

27VISn3.jpg

... and further on to the M1 motorway bridge.

khU896t.jpg

For navigation purposes we pick up the airlink railway here...

MA94qti.jpg

... pass the cargo area...

jFoKGeL.jpg

...towards the domestic terminal, ...

avnhNo8.jpg

... where the airlink line ends. Does anyone need a map or signs, or is Orbx just enough?

o0JCWi2.jpg

1 hour ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Nope, no map needed here!  Looks like Orbx is all we need. Great set, and great bird to tour it in!

Thank you, JJJ. With sceneries detailed like this one I would indeed feel confident enough to go there without reading signs...

28 minutes ago, TerribleT said:

Another Marvelous Set!  The M1 Motorway Bridge is known locally as The Gateway Bridge and I still have a pearl handled bridge embossed pocket knife that my late Uncle bought at the opening of the Story Bridge.

Thanks TT! When posting this I was retrieving more info about the Story Bridge - amazing to learn that the world is so small and your Uncle was there at the opening!

23 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Great pics and flying Gerold.

Thank you Mark!

16 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was great Gerold and I did very much enjoy your bridgework!

Such a compliment from the well-known-and-feared master of bridgework... :)

11 minutes ago, BradB said:

Smashing shots Jack Jr ......:):rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

... and this is an even bigger compliment! Though... doing this with a chopper is easy, compared to the airliners that our master is using :D.

A wonderful flight and I about the only place I have visited in Brisbane is Mt Coot-tha.:huh:

They used to collect honey there, now they collect money there.:lol:

I have of course been to the airport in RL and what great foresight to have a rail link which we should have in Melbourne in the year 2525, if mxn is still alive!:o

2 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Super set of shots Gerold and good bit of flying with the bridges ect regards EMM

Thank you Stewart. Good to see you back here, I know you have time constraints with the big project for 2019.

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful flight and I about the only place I have visited in Brisbane is Mt Coot-tha.:huh:

They used to collect honey there, now they collect money there.:lol:

I have of course been to the airport in RL and what great foresight to have a rail link which we should have in Melbourne in the year 2525, if mxn is still alive!:o

Keep my fingers crossed you get an extension of the Melbourne tram to Tullamarine earlier than expected ???.

Maybe the money from the Coot-tha honey can be used for this :D?

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

The secret stays undisclosed whether you flew under or over the bridge? I have got very accustomed to this bridge (the second one) from my approaches to Brisbane!

No doubt I flew under them - both... the Gateway bridge is so easy that I did not take any proof :D...

Archived