RFDS emergency service for Alice

Stillwater

We were called for a tourist to pick him up at Kings Creek Station. The report said he was run down by a "gigantic, fierce man or bear", fell and got "severly" injured. An unknown time later he was found "somehow lying on the ground of his tent, not able to speak in understandable words". When he woke up he claimed that he only had "one beer, maybe two" during the evening. Upon our arrival he was found stable, but with a severe headache. No traces of the offender were seen, and none of the other tourists reported any uncommon observation. Even the crowd of Big Reds aside the cattle station were quiet... So we just put him into the Jeep and drove him to our plane.

Pvh0OuR.jpg

Off we went, following Larapinta Drive to the north, ...

TDZ1jm3.jpg

... passing Kings Canyon NP. Not a big sight in the sim, but should be in real. (Will be checked next year...)

5WRkrpx.jpg

4WNhQ2f.jpg

The road winds itself up northwards through the western ridges (there should be a lookout point)...

hfPDSfq.jpg

... and finally turns to the east at "Camels Hump". I wonder how this name was found.

CSEvvUN.jpg

Into the western MacDonnell Ranges... you see the crossroad bottom left?

zpgzGYe.jpg

As our patient seemed to be in stable condition, we did this little detour...

uqAHS4k.jpg

... seeing Gosses Bluff meteroite crater up the road.

Y6Q6KGL.jpg

We continued to follow Larapinta Drive, which goes right east through Hermannsburg.

6390nkw.jpg

A few minutes later we passed Pine Gap tracking station (to the right), still following the road towards YBAS. The city of Alice Springs to the left.

w9YxrEo.jpg

Descending over the ranges...

u9ztPIa.jpg

... into the 13. Do not land on the dragway to the right!

xRHmkuO.jpg

After a safe & soft landing...

92jmPG8.jpg

... our passenger was taken to the nearby RFDS center. No more symptoms left!

NjayRhk.jpg

In the afternoon he was picked up by his bunch. They also returned the trash from their tour. Maybe this "one beer" is an explanation for all symptoms and observations of our patient.

veHdgJt.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I needed your service's yesterday Gerold , tho  it was probably already to late and I had headed toward the light . Great shots and story line along with a interesting photo of a can of ale . :(:o:):D .

Cheers

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, BradB said:

I needed your service's yesterday Gerold , tho  it was probably already to late and I had headed toward the light . Great shots and story line along with a interesting photo of a can of ale . :(:o:):D .

Cheers

John

So sorry John, I was not there to help you. But, see, WAS state is a bit too easterly for RFDS to serve!

22 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful pics and a great story Gerold.

For a moment I thought he may have been accosted by one of those ferocious Dingoes that are so prevalent in the outback.:rolleyes:

Hehehe. It remains unclear what caused that bloke to fall and recieve difficulties in articulation. The secrets of the outback I suppose.

19 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great flight and story Gerold.....  The pictures were super.

Thank you John. Deserts shown in this detail are not boring at all!

17 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Marvellous pics and a great yarn but a lousy beer really mate :lol:

Hahaha, I was just looking for a picture to give evidence for the intoxication... and by the way found some with a local touch. Brewed according to German law!

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was very cool!

Oh, all but cool, mate. All the time > 35°C!

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding flight and story Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam.

10 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Gerold. As always, a great selection of shots coupled with an interesting tour narrative. AC DC must be potent stuff -- or else that's actually a keg in the picture.

Given the temperatures down there I can understand why somebody wants to finish the 5 litres. Alone.

5 hours ago, Ripcord said:

Gerold, loved the tour!  Let's do another one soon!

Thanks, and I´ll try to, Mark. As far as my real-life travel schedule allows...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

It's clear that your patient was suffering from a flight withdrawal syndrome, that explains why his symptoms were gone after landing!

After all I am not so sure. At least he did not run away from the plane in panic.

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, tommo_05 said:

Hey Mate Great shots! Look i was wondering what b200 you are using and if you could pease link the repaint :)

Hi Tommo.

Looks to be the Carenado B200.  I believe this paint was at OzX years ago and unfortunately most of the files for repaints have been lost since the site was hacked.  Sent you a PM.

Cheers,

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 2:41 AM, tommo_05 said:

Hey Mate Great shots! Look i was wondering what b200 you are using and if you could pease link the repaint :)

On 8/14/2021 at 9:55 AM, Scott Harmes said:

Hi Tommo.

Looks to be the Carenado B200.  I believe this paint was at OzX years ago and unfortunately most of the files for repaints have been lost since the site was hacked.  Sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Hi there, Scott is fully right: It is the Carenado B200. And the livery VH-MVJ is quite probably lost from the web. Well, not here...

Carenado_B200_RFDS_mvj_repaint.zip

• Upvote 2