TrueEarth GB South P3D - first pre-beta shots!

Just now, John Venema said:

After GB we move to the US for PNW. Then we will alternate between EU and US regions with NZ in between. Once we have hired more staff we can begin to do parallel development of regions in all areas of the world.

I just hope a TE Norway region one day will see the light of day :)

On 12/10/2018 at 7:38 AM, John Venema said:

TrueEarth GB South for P3D won’t contain payware quality airports like EGHI etc. The region-upgraded airports from FTX England and FTX Wales will be added.

Hi John, this has just bought on a moment of confusion. Will all the existing P3D payware UK airports just work with TE GB when it hits P3D? I'd just assumed they would? I'm a huge fan of the TE XP releases - haven't been flying anywhere else since I got them, but it will be nice to be able to use some favourite non-XP aircraft in the TE world so I'm also looking forward to that.

4 hours ago, John Venema said:

After GB we move to the US for PNW. Then we will alternate between EU and US regions with NZ in between. Once we have hired more staff we can begin to do parallel development of regions in all areas of the world.

John, that alternating idea and including NZ is excellent.  Don’t forget us down-under, although I think source data is not the best here.  Lots of discussion on the Org about all this.  Some people are committed to doing their own freeware orthos but when they are told about your great quality control, hand-made POIs, life-time updates, etc they go interestingly quiet!  Overall, very positive for you, and I think increasingly so, on the Org.  This must be the most exciting time for you and orbx (and therefore us) ever in your history - am I right!  Cheers.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:53 PM, John Venema said:

Is that the whole of the UK first, or just GB south before starting to alternate?  I think alternating is a fair and balanced way to even out the development...Id certainly like to fly TE-NZ as well :)

Not a major problem - yet but it's already creeping in, this "sim" picture is better than that "sim" picture.

It harks back to the days when there were two competing photo real sceneries for the UK. Each side seemingly with their feet set in concrete.

I for one find it a pointless exercise.

The French have a saying "Vive la difference" or where I come from "Whatever floats your boat"

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 6:07 PM, flavio58 said:

With all the love I feel for Orbx and P3D friends, I'm sorry to say it but nothing to do with X-Plane...

I don't understand your point, the English here doesn't make any sense. Are you saying you don't have any love for X-Plane's community? Thats a pretty callous statement.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:43 PM, John Venema said:

Don't worry, we are working on automation tech to have P3D catch up with all the XP stuff. Within a year we will be doing concurrent releases of TE regions across three platforms if my plan succeeds.

One thing I can tell you about P3Dv4.4 vs XP11 - the ortho textures look a lot clearer in P3D for some reason. As I said, each sim has its merits and I use all three to suit what sort of flying I want to do or VR experience I want to have.

Beautiful pictures John. I was one who hasn't invested heavily in scenery in FSX (I don't own P3D) and bought X-Plane 11 just for these True Earth packs, so very happy with how X-Plane turned out. Appreciate the efforts to get synchronised releases and of course I'm sure that must help your team enormously as they can focus on getting us new content so everybody wins.

4 hours ago, KaiUweWeiss said:

Oh, I wasn't exactly enough I'm afraid. I didn't mean the first 480p pics. Rather I thought about the "next week"  message from #27 from John.

mfg Kai

You'll find them here, just scroll down a bit, they are in between the Melbourne Cityscape and the PNW TE preview shots:

4 hours ago, KaiUweWeiss said:

Thank you very much; indeed I oversaw them amongst those many many pictures:).

Yes, TE GB seems to be very nice. Maybe a little bit too green? (Compared to TE NL).

That's quite possibly some HDR or similar colour enhancement.  Default P3D is a little more laid back :-)

Archived