Dreamtime...

Stillwater

Our arrival time in Conellan is scheduled for the afternoon, right in time to visit the area during sunset. So we pass Yulara, ...

Cv7I7u5.jpg

... from a slight altitude even Kata Tjuta comes into view, ...

uLTmydf.jpg

... before the famous sunset perspective is ready.

3j0Ay52.jpg

Most visitors spend their night in Yulara, some in hotels, ...

t9VZdVq.jpg

... some in tents, ...

bJJ7kuq.jpg

... before they get up early to catch the sunrise view.

v3tCpQm.jpg

Who has been here before in real? Don´t hesitate to post your teasers!

12 hours ago, BradB said:

Sadly I have only been here in my dreams ..... wonderful shots Gerold of OZ's big Rock . :(:):D

Cheers

John

That may be the reason why they call it dreamtime, John. I keep my fingers crossed you can do your postponed OZ trip in the near future, maybe catch a super-discounted biz class flight?

11 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

I only missed it for a few 100 miles... in the sky. I looked for it when I was in a flight from Melbourne to Singapore.

Nice shots, the last one looks awesome.

"only a few 100 miles" - that is nothing if seen from here... but still beyond visibility. You´ll have to make another attempt, Ben!

9 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great shots Gerold!!!!!!!  I wish I could post some real shots of Australia but I have never been farther west than California.:unsure:

Well John, just one Ocean to cross between California and this red country. Sounds easy...?!

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice ones Gerold, I wish I could go there but sadly never will.

Thanks Jack, though your resignation doesn´t sound good. I hope you´ll travel to good substitutes instead?!

1 hour ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Gerold. You really captured the adventure. Think of those idealistic young backpackers seeing the world and full of life. I liked this a lot. Thanks!

Oh yes Rodger, the world gets smaller for every generation owadays. Remember how our parents travelled?

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

Tremendous shots Gerold

Thanks a lot for sharing

Thank you Carlos. BTW this is my first 4.4 series - just in addition to your test flights ;).

36 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

That may be the reason why they call it dreamtime, John. I keep my fingers crossed you can do your postponed OZ trip in the near future, maybe catch a super-discounted biz class flight?

"only a few 100 miles" - that is nothing if seen from here... but still beyond visibility. You´ll have to make another attempt, Ben!

Well John, just one Ocean to cross between California and this red country. Sounds easy...?!

Thank you Iain.

Thanks Jack, though your resignation doesn´t sound good. I hope you´ll travel to good substitutes instead?!

Oh yes Rodger, the world gets smaller for every generation owadays. Remember how our parents travelled?

Thank you Carlos. BTW this is my first 4.4 series - just in addition to your test flights ;).

Actually have moved on to another "Bucket List" item with a tour of Norway in June .

John

I was lucky and went there in 1983 before the place was modernised.

We spent 2 nights under canvas and had a great evening in the Inland Motel just a few weeks before the truck was driven into the place resulting in 5 deaths.

It was a wonderful sight to come out if the tent in the morning and have the rock staring me in the face.

It was very much a bush experience those days, even the airport was a dirt strip very close to the rock.

I climbed the rock which was a fantastic experience.

Great set of images too Gerold.

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Classy set of shots Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam!

9 hours ago, BradB said:

Actually have moved on to another "Bucket List" item with a tour of Norway in June .

John

Oh that is also a "must do" for me. Fortunately the travel distance is much shorter for me, so I can keep it for later. Don´t break the mountains and have some good photos for us - to compare with FTX NO!

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I was lucky and went there in 1983 before the place was modernised.

We spent 2 nights under canvas and had a great evening in the Inland Motel just a few weeks before the truck was driven into the place resulting in 5 deaths.

It was a wonderful sight to come out if the tent in the morning and have the rock staring me in the face.

It was very much a bush experience those days, even the airport was a dirt strip very close to the rock.

I climbed the rock which was a fantastic experience.

Great set of images too Gerold.

Great experience report Martyn. It is another fate of our times that formerly exotic places become overcrowded and therefore change themselves.

2019 will be the last year that rock climbing is allowed, and we do not intend to make that anyway.

Archived