Australia V2

KoBe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/17/2019 at 1:43 PM, Nick Cooper said:

"au2" is a landclass product and as such will not work except in FSX and P3D.

Wait and see would be a good tactic.

Although  using Ortho scenery for xplane is far more common than in P3D, it is as far as I know still a landclass based simulator, so technically ORBX could develop landclass regions for Xplane, although the demand is probably much less than for the True Earth regions. 

On 4/27/2019 at 1:57 AM, Richard Lincoln said:

All good things come to those who wait

I'm a patient man. But I do expect Orbx Central, Australia v2, and Graham's Australia Traffic update to all be released on the same day. ;)

G'day

Been with MFS since the Commodore - 64 -  and Orbx/FTX since the early beginnings via Flightsim store Vics -and this and that

- and Blue and Gold -  etc  - up to Australia SP3 and  Europe 1.0 flying around in my Coranado PA 32 - and Saitek Yoke system -

so I am not exactly a newbie - at buying Orbx bits and pieces - but 12 years has gone so quick and I am now 84.

Been a while though since I flew a Sim  - 5 years - but have just built a more powerful computer - and I am back ready to fly - via Steam.

Question is - due to the long absence have lost track of softwares - I glean that SP 3 was followed by SP 4 - but can't find an upgrade

and now I read above of the coming "V2" - was the V1  - SP 4 - or have I missed another? - and is there a later Europe 1.??

Because I have just joined again  - I have an account  - "from way back" question  - but presumably I can't ask it in this forum section

Hello John,

If you have installed only the Steam Edition,

you should be able to install any products using the installers you have.

They should identify your FSX Steam Edition as FSX.

There are the latest updates to DVD products here.

This topic should make interesting reading too.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:54 PM, VH-EEE said:

I propose we include Johns Heaton's house in the Ausv2 .

Thats a great innings John , hope i'm still flight simming well into my golden years as well.

Ha Ha ! LOL   - Was wandering through the current Orbx Aussie offerings and on the Gold Coast City addon - my house was "almost" on one of the slides in the blurb.

I know I am having a great innings - VH EEE- and my doctor confirm that to-day - but I am not yet suffering from AL -AL -  whatsis name? just yet - but I do remember asking an important question to me -  amidst all this talk of new programmes - when I am trying to catch up on what has happened during my long absence

I repeat the Question(s)

""Question is - due to the long absence I have lost track of softwares - I glean that SP 3 was followed by SP 4 ? - but can't find an upgrade ?

and now I read above of the coming "V2" - was/is - the V1  - SP 4 -----currently called - Australia -  or have I missed another? - and is there a later Europe 1.0 .??"" - or upgrades

I currently have in My Cart  - Global Base pack - Global Trees - Australia - Gold Coast airport - Gold Coast City scene - Moorabbin  - other airports from the Oceana section on Central 3 -  Soooh - Am progressing OK with these ??

The pic is me - taken at Moorabbin  Viv - with my 40th birthday pressie to myself - my very own PA 32 which I still "fly" around on Orbx SP 3 - 

meandMVT.TIF

First step. Everything is now done by a program that you download called FTX Central.

Go to https://orbxdirect.com/  and up in the left hand corner there is a green square that says "Get FTX Central". Click on it and download and install the program.

I'll let others tell you what to do after you have successfully done that, although you may figure out how to upgrade SP3 to SP4 yourself.

Edit - Ooops. I see that you already have FTX Central.

22 hours ago, petfy said:

sFirst step. Everything is now done by a program that you download called FTX Central.

Go to https://orbxdirect.com/  and up in the left hand corner there is a green square that says "Get FTX Central". Click on it and download and install the program.

I'll let others tell you what to do after you have successfully done that, although you may figure out how to upgrade SP3 to SP4 yourself.

Edit - Ooops. I see that you already have FTX Central.

I realise that Orbx  seems to have moved from here in OZ to the UK - and an Aussie accent - so maybe that's the answer to my problem

Twice now - I have asked the same questions as shown in my 2 previous missives above - and I get answers back that are nothing to do with what I asked.

It's no wonder my hair is pure white:rolleyes:

Hello,

Question

"Question is - due to the long absence I have lost track of softwares - I glean that SP 3 was followed by SP 4 ? - but can't find an upgrade ?

Answer

There are the latest updates to DVD products here.

Question

and now I read above of the coming "V2" - was/is - the V1  - SP 4 -----currently called - Australia -  or have I missed another? - and is there a later Europe 1.0 .??"" - or upgrades

Answer

Version 1 was updated to SP4.

Version 2 is to directly follow version 1.

Can you clarify what "Europe 1.0" is please?

Question

I currently have in My Cart  - Global Base pack - Global Trees - Australia - Gold Coast airport - Gold Coast City scene - Moorabbin  - other airports from the Oceana section on Central 3 -  Soooh - Am progressing OK with these ??

Answer

If you own "Australia", as your first question suggests, then do not buy it again.

Otherwise, yes you are.

Hi Nick -- "Thara gudd yorkshur ladd" - thanks for all that

Looks like I made a blue. I didn't own Australia  - or V1 as you now call it - because it wasn't clear if I could upgrade it from your original answers.

Now I think I can see that I could have upgraded my DVD SP 3 - if I understand the Ed Correira's list of upgrades marked Oceania AU

Unfortunately - I misunderstood your kind answers - and bought "Australia" 2 days ago for 1/2 price $28 in the May sale

Europe 1.0 -  was bought -on 17 Nov 2012 - o/n FSSO 186809 - DVD box was marked England Terrain Pack

I suspect now that the Updates for Europe - (Europe ENG 110 -160) - that are also in Ed's files are for this DVD ------ Am I right??

I also note that there are some Aussie airports there as well

FYI - I also bought "Global" - and the Aussie packages GC airport and GC scenery - and I am  impressed - because that's where I live\

Thanks again Nick

John Heaton

Hello again,

all the updates you need for both your original AU Australia product, not yet known as version 1 and

all the updates for your EU England product are indeed on the updates for DVD products page.

If I were you, I would apply for a refund or an exchange for AU Australia and use it to buy a product

that you don't already own.:)

A support ticket should do it.

• 6 months later...

Archived