Into Wales. South Wales. New South Wales.

Stillwater

This flight goes a bit off my real travel plan for next year. From Katoomba, ...

j86J56g.jpg

... turning west over Leura, ...

dlqgJUA.jpg

... and reaching the tablelands near Little Hartley. Do you see what flies drives under me?

3HQDj0F.jpg

And the airstrip itself is also perfectly blended into FTX.

m7xY5p2.jpg

Lithgow, without the ZigZag railway, but with a PNG-like airstrip. Oh OZx team, what an outstanding work.

iNHYMuu.jpg

Further to the west we reach the green plains...

dtZ5Az6.jpg

... and Bathurst airport.

VEBgE76.jpg

Sometimes the trainspotter has bad luck, ...

VX7Q6mz.jpg

... sometimes better.

v6v6Wjq.jpg

Beautiful scenery Gerold:wub:, and the other images aren't bad either.;)

Our friend looks a tad nervous though with the exceptionally close company behind him.:o

Lucky he is not in Oxford Street, where if you drop your wallet you kick it to the end of the street before you bend over to pick it up.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::-

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Our friend looks a tad nervous though with the exceptionally close company behind him.:o

Lucky he is not in Oxford Street, where if you drop your wallet you kick it to the end of the street before you bend over to pick it up.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::-

+1 :lol:

Very good Gerold! :)

26 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That's excellent Gerold!  So that's who the Lady In Red is dating! :wub:

STRG+SHIFT+E was helping me a to leave the plane. Now I just need to learn how to move faster in the avatar...

10 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

Great set of shots, plenty of memories :)

Good to read that, Tim. I am sure that some of the places have their virtual origin in your hands. As mentioned, OZx is so great!

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic set of shots Gerold, especially the last one. :D

I can understand your statement, Adam: The risk of a crashing plane is not given in that situation.

16 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great flight Gerold  with all kinds of beautiful scenery!!!!!!!!!

Thanks John. Yes, natures structures are very well modeled in some of the shots.

17 hours ago, BradB said:

I remember the "Dude" as much taller , he seems to be melting into the sidewalk Gerold . I wonder if "Red" could be the cause .....:o:rolleyes::(:D:lol:

Cheers

John

:D! His trousers looked a bit confusing to me - I did not even see the cause. Thanks for discovering that!

18 hours ago, Chunk said:

Beautiful pics Gerold!

You´re welcome Chunk.

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I tried to get the other guy out of the picture, but you know what a man has to be aware of.

Just for my learnings: Do you talk about Oxford Street in Sydney, London or Mooroopna?

18 hours ago, paulb said:

+1 :lol:

Very good Gerold! :)

Thank you Paul!

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I tried to get the other guy out of the picture, but you know what a man has to be aware of.

Just for my learnings: Do you talk about Oxford Street in Sydney, London or Mooroopna?

The one in Sydney Gerold. The one in London was good when I lived there and we don't have any Oxford Street in Mooroopna.;)

1 hour ago, TerribleT said:

Beautiful flight and shots as always - are you in training for Papua New Guinea in that TAA Sunbird C185?

Could be an option, if I look at that runway, TT!

13 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

The one in Sydney Gerold. The one in London was good when I lived there and we don't have any Oxford Street in Mooroopna.;)

Got it. Gonna keep it in mind... I am surprised Mooroopna does not have an Oxford street. But I am sure there is a Queen street, Victoria street, Flinders street and Maqcuarie street?

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Could be an option, if I look at that runway, TT!

Got it. Gonna keep it in mind... I am surprised Mooroopna does not have an Oxford street. But I am sure there is a Queen street, Victoria street, Flinders street and Maqcuarie street?

No, yes, no, no. Several Mcxxxx streets though and an Ah Wong's Bridge after an early resident. Maybe he was a pearl diver who moved from Broome for some peace because of the sudden increase in aircraft flying around at the airport.

19 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Great shots, Gerold!

OK, finally he gets the chance to have a talk with the tight maiden, but at the precise moment that guy creeps in and she thinks "oh no, he's gay". :wacko::unsure::o<_<

Thank you Lars! Twas not easy to get close to her and find a good angle - then this bloke appeared from the back!

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

No, yes, no, no. Several Mcxxxx streets though and an Ah Wong's Bridge after an early resident. Maybe he was a pearl diver who moved from Broome for some peace because of the sudden increase in aircraft flying around at the airport.

Ah, Wong was there! I can understand that motivation, must be horrible traffic in Broome since Jarrad set up the airport.

Archived