No visit with Neil this Holiday

Sorry to sound so down, but I really miss my friend Neil Hill this Holiday season.  Normally I see Neil 3, sometimes 4 times a year when I go to his hometown in WA where my daughter and family live.  We'd always get together for a few hours, sometimes at his house and other times at a coffee shop or something.  Larry R and Matt M have both joined us.  Good times.  He stays in my prayers and heart.  A great and talented man I'm sure all of you would have enjoyed meeting.  I'm happy the Old Coots forum was named for him.

OND's thread on seeing the Doc certainly put me back in a good frame of mind!  LOL

Although I never met Neil, we talked via Skype and traded numerous e-mails.  He taught me how to create airports for the Global Freeware Airport Pack.  He never seemed to get tired of answering my questions not matter how dumb they were, He will be missed.  And I suppose with his passing we will not have anymore updates to the Global Airport Pack.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

I don't think that the other freeware developers will stop.

Neil always collected all of the airports and put them together for publication.  Is some one else going to to this?  I have few airports that would have gone in the next release and if it is to continue I would like them to be included.

6 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

I do not know but he created hundreds if not more airports for all of the regions and the Global Airport Pack.

Thanks for Your answer.

I am curious because I want to rename one airport in my system to honor his name.
(Perhaps S43 or KPAE or WA04?)

On 11/27/2018 at 10:30 AM, ramonb said:

Thanks for Your answer.

I am curious because I want to rename one airport in my system to honor his name.
(Perhaps S43 or KPAE or WA04?)

Neil took all the photos for KORS and was particularly fond of it.  I know it was payware but it was a favorite.

Archived