CYSE Squamish positioned below the surrounding level

Bram Stikkel

Because I flew a lot from the default or ORBX free airports version of CYSE Squamish, I decided to buy the payware version.
Strange effect however is, the commercial version clearly is positioned below the level of the surroundings. The freeware version did not have this issue.
The difference is estimated only a ten feet, but it results in scrubs that soar 10 feet above the ground, a soilwall around the runway and platform and more issues.
I tried to solve it by running the Vector Configurator ofcourse, but the problem remains. Then I have searched for other versions of CYSE that are activated, but exept from the ORBX freeware version, there are none. Then I deactivated the files from the ORBX freeware version, re-ran the Vector Configurator. Unfortunately this all did not solve the problem.

Can you tell me how to solve it?
Can it be a Global Ultimate Next Generation FTX caused problem?

Thanks for the help.
Bram Stikkel  

sunken airport.png

sunken airport 4.png

sunken airport 2.png

Thanks, Doug Sawatzky and Doc_Z.
About AEC: it does not show up there, neither in the disabled nor the abled column.
Should it ?
I will also see, if the mesh value is the cause, did not think about that before you mentioned it.

Doug, I will switch off the FS Global Ultimate Next Generation North America part and see what happens.

I will let you know the results...

Regards!
Bram

Hello Doug and Doc_Z,
In the meantime I tested the possible solutions.

Switching off FS Global Ultimate Next Gen FTX:  no visible change concerning the problems I ran into with Squamish. The bushes keep soaring in the air along the runway and the airport keeps look sunken in the  surrounding.
Changing the mesh resolution from 2 meter to 5 meter: one sees differences in the surrounding area and the detailsize of the directly surrounding mesh, but still soaring scrubs.
I experimented a bit more with various mesh values, but the problem stays.

Strange thing is, that the grass objects seem to be at the correct level while the scrubs at the same position are about two meters in the air.

Should the airport become visible in Vector AEC after installation? It does not.

Thanks for the thinking help

Bram Stikkel

Hi there,

have a look at the screenshots on the product page, CYSE does have several levels because the airport is cut into a slope: https://orbxdirect.com/product/cyse

The situation is a bit exaggerated due to the requirement of needing a flat ground surface but the real-world airport has those levels too: https://goo.gl/maps/14m1ewrPVzq

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger and Doug,

Thanks for your efforts to help me solve the problem. I really appreciate.
It corssed my mind indeed, that maybe the surface is the way it belongs - with needed exaggeration - and that maybe the only problem is, the bushed in the air.
I will have a look at the topic you pointed at, Doug and see, if this provides a solution.
I will report back again.
Thanks again!
Bram

Doug, I will try again.
What I did is, switching off the NA part of FSGlobalUltimate NG and then close the scenery library again.
I realize now, I did not re-run the vector config tool after that.
Did you, or did it work without rerunning AEC?

If this is the solution indeed, it must be possible to switch off only the relevant *.bgl in the NA directory.
Do you know how to find out, which one that should be?

Thanks!
Bram

Hi there,

Squamish lies within the sim's QMID7 grid cell 15x14 so a file with "1514" or "015014" in its name would probably be the one you're looking for. 

Here are some general tips how to find local QMID7 cell identifiers: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/154017-double-bridge-san-mateo/?do=findComment&comment=1403913

Cheers, Holger

• 2 months later...

Archived