A very short city tour...

Stillwater

... as there are only very few POIs depicted in Sydney - and we are far away from one of those great cityscapes. So we took an airtaxi after arrival at Sydney International terminal...

zLtf5qw.jpg

... directly to Circular Quay.

X66igVI.jpg

The famous coat hanger, ...

ygjzRbc.jpg

... and one of its pylons. I think the harbour detail is OZx, as well as the buildings north of the bridge.

XlnSojd.jpg

And soon we got back to YSSY (domestic terminal) for our next tour.

5Qc3Dce.jpg

FTs YSSY caused some trouble with Sydneys landclass at first, but deactivating the FT-LC solved this.

6 hours ago, BradB said:

Sweet shots from Sydney Gerold . :):)

Cheers

John

Thank you John. I would be really happy if we could see a cityscape of this metropolis, like we have it for Canberra, Barcelona, Seattle and New York.

6 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. Very nice.

Thanks Karl!

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Circular Quay, a walk across the bridge and back to the Botanical Gardens. My favourite part of Sydney when I used to visit there regularly many years ago.

Thanks for the great, if not short tour, Gerold.

Mmmmh, what a delicious tour description, Martyn. I wonder what it looks today with all this overtourism.

2 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Very nice views Gerold, I also like the choice of livery for your helico!

Merci Francois. Not really snowy sown there, but we´ll take care of the passengers!

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Great shots  Gerold,  I enjoyed looking at them.

Thank you John. No too many shots this time, unfortunately.

43 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool shots Gerold, I wonder what it's like to live in Sydney, to me it would be world class.

Thanks Jack. Indeed it looks impressive. But to live at these places can be something different: High price level, tourists (and air-bnb) en masse, traffic jams... The biggest advantage is the short way to Mooroopna, where you always get a good drink :D!

11 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Gerold. Nice tour of the city. I can see all the little kids in the cars on the bridge with their noses pressed to the glass and yelling for mommy and daddy to look. Thanks!

And don´t forget all the tourists climbing the bridge for 180-350 bucks pressing their hands to the ropes!

On 11/25/2018 at 11:58 AM, Iain Emms said:

Very nice shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Great little tour, Gerold. I had never noticed those flags on the brige. I believe that one is the OZ flag, and the other one NSW.

I had to do the same with the FlyTampa Sydney landclass. :)

As you can see from my RL picture the one on the landside is OZ. I have others from the other side - and this is also OZ!

Yes, that FT LC needs to be deactivated...

On 11/24/2018 at 4:52 PM, Stillwater said:

The famous coat hanger, ...

ygjzRbc.jpg

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

I have others from the other side - and this is also OZ!

I think the right one in your pic, where you can imagine a red cross of St. George on a white disc, is supposed to be NSW.

Perhaps the person whose job it is to raise the flags had a bad day? "You had one job..." :lol:

Archived