I come to a land down under

Stillwater

Some men at work here: Ground service at Singapore Changi.

WWvHqNX.jpg

Flexing up!

N8SHr9c.jpg

Amazing how many ships are waiting here.

nfblazx.jpg

VtokSpn.jpg

bGENH8y.jpg

Low & slow over Pulau Batam island - due to an altitude restriction of 6000 ft.

vs7Zbvi.jpg

Finally we were allowed to climb, and after 21 minutes we crossed the equator - nearly at cruise flight level.

lb7OVgz.jpg

Bali.

MbUjVUB.jpg

Hours later we reach the land of Oz near Curtin.

Q0TaXEw.jpg

This is where dreams start.

z7cYIoi.jpg

Some really flat land around Fitzroy Crossing...

sYKOzsQ.jpg

... and soon the colour changes to red.

uHvyckX.jpg

Uh, oh...!

XjDjioL.jpg

Enough space around, but the plane from Longreach uses the same airway!

UVwpK7B.jpg

All passengers on the left side can see a gap...

noPH44M.jpg

... and we all know where it is.

E6VYkIc.jpg

One should not underestimate the length of these flights - again we run into darkness. This is the original Scoot flight TR12, which is scheduled to land at 19:40 h local time.

y4juWzW.jpg

But before doing so, we have to fly a holding over Sydney...

2CngsF7.jpg

... and touchdown! 27 minutes late...

Hndcgua.jpg

Another great looking airport.

wQ4OHc3.jpg

Hurry mates, the city is waiting for you!
gpNFS4V.jpg

Good to see it is Business as Usual on the Scoot to Sydney.

A wonderful flight Gerold, you should have flown in Summer for a full daylight flight.

I too have been amazed at the number of ships at Singapore and some of them looked big enough for the plane to have landed on.

One of those places I want to see before I get past it, I had better not procrastinate!

15 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Where women glow and men plunder...

Nice set !

Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott. Not Scoot.

You know which song I´ve had in my head during the flight... B)

1 hour ago, BradB said:

V1 , Rotate , V2 now Scoot , I love the shots and the name of the carrier Gerold  . :huh::rolleyes::wub::)

Cheers

John

A nice yellow scooter, this 787 rocks. I´ll try this flight in real next year.

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Another great post Gerold!!!!!   I enjoyed the flight and the screenshots, just glad I didn't have sit in that jet for the whole flight,

Thank you John. It is "only" a 7.5 h flight, as said above I´ll do it in real next year.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Good to see it is Business as Usual on the Scoot to Sydney.

A wonderful flight Gerold, you should have flown in Summer for a full daylight flight.

I too have been amazed at the number of ships at Singapore and some of them looked big enough for the plane to have landed on.

One of those places I want to see before I get past it, I had better not procrastinate!

No business as usual, this time it is going to be economy as usual, Martyn.

You do not say you haven´t been in Singapore yet, do you? They are flying Melbourne-Singers as well...

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

No business as usual, this time it is going to be economy as usual, Martyn.

You do not say you haven´t been in Singapore yet, do you? They are flying Melbourne-Singers as well...

I have only transited through the airport Gerold, the first time just 24 days after it opened.

It is slightly different now!:rolleyes:

The wife only wants to go and visit her family in Thailand and considers any other travel a waste of money.:huh:

SO when  I go I will go with Jack Jones!:lol:

Long distance on a budget carrier in economy!!!!!!!!!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::lol:

You will need a holiday to recover from the flight!

12 hours ago, boetie said:

Great set Gerold. I love watching the Scoot Dreamliner every morning as it flies on final to Gold Coast over my house. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Graeme :)

Thanks for the comment Graeme - and your link to real life. She must be a beauty, even in Scoot colours!

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was so cool Gerold!  All those ship, amazing they don't hit each other.

Thank you Jack. They are all moored, moving aroung until the officers come back from their tour through the city. I won´t speculate what the rest of the crews is forced to do.

11 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

First class flight Gerold. Well done and:) beautiful shots.

Thanks Karl. Note: there is no first class on Scoot, they can´t match with Mule Services.

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I have only transited through the airport Gerold, the first time just 24 days after it opened.

It is slightly different now!:rolleyes:

The wife only wants to go and visit her family in Thailand and considers any other travel a waste of money.:huh:

SO when  I go I will go with Jack Jones!:lol:

I am quite sure that airport is different every year. You should book a tight connection via Singers and make sure you miss the flight. At least this will give you 24 hours in town...

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Long distance on a budget carrier in economy!!!!!!!!!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::lol:

You will need a holiday to recover from the flight!

We´ll see...

- it is "only" 8 hours

- we´ll come releaxed after a 2 day stopover in Singapore

- we´ll be fully stocked with food & water

- after arrival in Australia we might be considering something like holiday... B)

7 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Gerold. Another wonderful flight start to finish. Although it is a normal flight, you brought a sense of adventure to it, as if you were a young man moving out into the larger world and feeling the excitement of making his way. Thanks!

So good to read this impression my post created. Isn´t such a thing the truest sense of travelling?

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

Outstanding set Gerold. :D

No taking cover there, it is all full of Aussies at our destination! And imagine these tons of Vegemite sandwiches!

3 hours ago, paulb said:

A great set of shots Gerold! I enjoyed your flight :).

No sign of Thunder though? ;):lol:

No thunder, even not at the equator. But the guy sitting behind me was 6 foot 4, and full of muscles. Constantly crushing into my seat :o:D.

Gerold, I can only applaud and say "congratulations" on your set. Awesome shots of a marvellous aircraft. #2 is awesome.

I saw the ships in the Singapore scenery that I recently acquired and I asked myself if this is correct, and now you (and Google Earth) proove that it is. I wonder if this is some kind of maritime traffic jam?

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Gerold, I can only applaud and say "congratulations" on your set. Awesome shots of a marvellous aircraft. #2 is awesome.

I saw the ships in the Singapore scenery that I recently acquired and I asked myself if this is correct, and now you (and Google Earth) proove that it is. I wonder if this is some kind of maritime traffic jam?

Thank you Lars. I know you also fly longhaul from time to time. Can I hope we see some evidence of your flying in that area soon?

Archived