Travelling in style

Stillwater

Going on from Munich we had the chance to choose the best airline of all. Well, it is a long flight, why should we go with some other?

EhIJPQ4.jpg

Climbing out of the 08L...

9EpkLpV.jpg

... to reach the initial FL350 just before Vienna. FTs scenery does not blend perfectly into FTXG.

dtusjm9.jpg

Later that day... the Caucasus. Already powdered.

iV3tGX6.jpg

The russian Republic of Dagestan with Chirkey Lake below and the Caspian Sea ahead.

6aACHdg.jpg

Over Afghanistan / Pakistan we came into darkness. And India even presented thunderstorms - we had to divert.

eNQvmst.jpg

"Shortly" after the next day came out, somewhere over the Indian Ocean.

NkcMvnK.jpg

Here we descend over Malaysia...

XYERTRE.jpg

... and turn towards our destination.

EPwKrY8.jpg

This is it, still flying downwind...

RRVzC1X.jpg

... the Localizer came alive, ...

ofYeHYV.jpg

... and here we were established towards the 20C. I think the 20L is still mudland?

M4tWAyW.jpg

Left the runway after a successful landing...

YHumCbw.jpg

Singers just looks great now.

BCm2j9J.jpg

Slowly moving into the parking lot...

KjbQf8w.jpg

... and finally we were ready for deboarding.

ye4BpQT.jpg

Where to go now?

uQjnwk4.jpg

Ah, here´s the luggage belt!

byZ4w3G.jpg

Singapore is a great hub, with direct connections to nearly all major airports on this planet.

7lpKp0D.jpg

We have booked exactly this flight for next years holiday with our children, so I was totally forced to prepare it in the sim. For me this enhances the pleasure of travelling a lot!

34 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Great long flight Gerold!!!  I like your comments and the shots were very good.   Where did the Singapore scenery come from?

Thank you John. I had time enough on that flight to think of the comments...!

24 minutes ago, Neptune6 said:

Nicely narated with screen comments  for your last Hollidays ..

i'm witing for next Gerold

Patrick

Thanks Patrick. Even better this is going to by our NEXT holidays... I´ll follow the routing and will continue here.

I hear amazing things about Singapore air , maybe someday . Domestically for me JetBlue is my airline of choice when I visit my daughter back in Maine , there "Mint Class" really is something special . Anyway I enjoyed the shots and trip Capt. Gerold . :):)

Cheers

John

I'm currently flying 9V-SVV from SFO to HKG and I must say, you left her in a very good shape for me. Excellent, Gerold. And you took some really good photos.

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

"Shortly" after the next day came out, somewhere over the Indian Ocean.

NkcMvnK.jpg

The best pic of the line!

Thank you for providing us with 777 screens!

2 hours ago, BradB said:

I hear amazing things about Singapore air , maybe someday . Domestically for me JetBlue is my airline of choice when I visit my daughter back in Maine , there "Mint Class" really is something special . Anyway I enjoyed the shots and trip Capt. Gerold . :):)

Cheers

John

Good to here a domestic recommendation, you never know when you need it. And the intercontinental recommendation is already given in this post...

I´m happy you enjoyed travelling with "me".

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

I'm currently flying 9V-SVV from SFO to HKG and I must say, you left her in a very good shape for me. Excellent, Gerold. And you took some really good photos.

Thank you for providing us with 777 screens!

I knew you´ll like the 777 close-ups, Lars.

What I did not guess that you´ll take over 9V-SVV to bring her back to Asia. Maybe we even meet virtually soon?

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

I was surprised how short that night was during the flight, just from -stan to the malayaian sea! And the morning view in motion from the cockpit... so good.

2 hours ago, mikee said:

Beautiful Shots Gerold ! Great plane :)

Thank you Mikee. Not only a great plane, but the PMDG simulation makes a lot of fun, too!

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

9 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent flight Gerold! I love the night shots :)

Thank you Paul. It really was a short period of darkness, I think coming closer to the equator addad to the speed of plane and earth rotation.

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Gerold, nice to see the real again with the Orbx.  Is that Orbx's Singapore?  If not who makes it?

Thank you Jack. In this case there is no need for Orbx to work, someone else has taken the market already.

15 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Gerold. Surpasses even your normal high standards. It was totally immersive, so now I don't have to make the flight and thus have saved a ton of money. Thanks!

Haha, it makes me smile to see you saved money! You can report this to your boss and release some more investment in Orbx sceneries!

Once I have done the flight in real I will add some photos of the food & drinks on board, just to enhance the immersion.

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Brilliant set Gerold and nicely narrated too.

Still the best airline I have flown on with Lauda a close second.

Thank you for the comments Martyn. I can totally share your opinion, I was totally impressed by the Lauda service on my first Australia flights, too. The food would still be top class today, though the cabin would now be outdated. I´ll report the current Singapore next year!

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

On my last TG flight we flew just east of Singapore but no photos as it was 2am!

A fantastic sight all lit up.

I can imagine this to be a fantastic view. A pity that you don´t have photos!

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Singapore Air is always at the head of the class from what I read, must be a reason. :D  Top set there Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam. You can´t always fly Singapore, but you can try...!

9 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Excellent indeed and I knew Marty VH-KDK was going to enjoy this one :D

Very nice shots Gerold, and entertained

Muchas gracias Carlos. Good to entertain you - and to follow Martyns common ground.

Archived