Boot-cut

Stillwater

Boarding in Olbia, Sardegna. With a last view to the terminal.

AJ3d4zk.jpg

fSvUb4y.jpg

uc6BSsf.jpg

Climbing out in the real weather conditions of November - 

Ky7dgAS.jpg

obviously I had to cheat with the simmed weather to get some views of the harbour...

D5yjxI1.jpg

bZ0mzxs.jpg

... and the coast.

Auo7WQl.jpg

kKiJ7ox.jpg

Heading westwards we reach Italy. This is just east of Salerno...

lq6BQVh.jpg

... and here we cross the tip of the Italian "boot": From Taranto to Brindisi.

OsiTGJX.jpg

Reaching Greece at Kerkira.

Wfq2Cz5.jpg

The Bay of Korinth from the western end (right) to the east (left). South of it is the Peloponnes, below us the greek mainland.

ifRJjHw.jpg

To the left you can see the "cut": The channel of Korinth. In anciend times ships were pulled over the rocky lands, but since 1893 the 6.4 km channel enables the shortcut, saving 325 km of sailing. Though, only for small ships: It was carved to a depth of 84 m into the rocks, resulting in a lockless but narrow seaway: The minimum width is about 21 m. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corinth_Canal

H1ZhnEV.jpg

Approaching Athens. You can already see Piraeus in the middle and Athens right in front of the mountains.

B8y4uTg.jpg

Around the corner at Vouliagmeni...

055GYyq.jpg

0pZqjLg.jpg

... over the Koropi quarry...

NXjv7uO.jpg

XVOuutQ.jpg

... and here we are: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos, opened on time for the 2004 Olympic games.

P4aTtGS.jpg

2 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Beautiful shots as always Gerold. Lovely trip and narrative. Good to see the comparison.

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Very well done Gerold! A great mixture of sim and real life shots! :)

Thank you, Karl and Paul, for your encouraging words.

51 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Nice`n easy! Fine trip. Only thing I missed was the on-board meal.

No onboard meal with EasyJet, sorry my friend :D!

23 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Super flight and screenshots. I had never heard of Olbia, Sardegna until this post.:huh:

Oh John, you surprise me! At least this forum could serve as a source of knowledge - again B)!

21 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Collezione meravigliosa, Geroldo - but the quarry is a golf course in OpenLC EU? :P

Hey Gerold. I agree with the Captain. This is a wonderful collection indeed. As always, thank you for anthologies that are both beautiful and informative. Always a first-class treat!

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent as always Gerold!  Gosh, you fly a lot!

Thank you Jack. My real life flying was the reason for posting here so rarely in the last weeks... but now I´m done with that, I can keep up exploring the recent purchases in the sim!

14 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding shots as always Gerold! :)

Thanks Adam!

14 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Collezione meravigliosa, Geroldo - but the quarry is a golf course in OpenLC EU? :P

Yes Lars, it looks like that. I suggest this is still OpenLC, as the FlyTampa airport surrounding begins a bit later.

14 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Gerold. I agree with the Captain. This is a wonderful collection indeed. As always, thank you for anthologies that are both beautiful and informative. Always a first-class treat!

You are welcome Rodger. I mostly take the pictures when I see something interesting, and like to retrieve some information about these pictures later. Maybe the other way round would be better...:D!

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

An amazing post Gerold, I thoroughly enjoyed looking at it along with the excellent narration.

So interesting to see the comparisons and OLC does a splendid job.

Thank you Martyn. Indeed Vector is nearly errorless, and openLC has done quite a good job as well. It is an entire continent in one product - and therefore some POIs may be missing... but that feels ok :wub:

Archived