A real life addition to one of my last posts

Stillwater

This time I was faster in the simulated flights than in real life. So I can only give you the additional proofs to the enclosed post now.

Here is the reference...

And here is the reality: On approach to Madrid Barajas...

fBxqo8t.jpg

31VP1D6.jpg

FN6Gexx.jpg

... and visiting Toledo some minutes later. Mesh and vector data are ok, but the building charatcter is a clear deficite. Plus, that city has lots of POIs which would be nice in the sim, like the Puenta de San Martin or the Cathedral:

25KAeBh.jpg

8xhhPHw.jpg

pCeWOY7.jpg

30 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Great post this.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain for reading & commenting!

2 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Wow! :)

Grazie Maurizio. You know there is lots of work waiting for you in the orbx world ;).

29 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well done Gerold! I always enjoy sim and real life shots! :)

Thanks Paul. It makes me happy to see someone joining my passion!

29 minutes ago, Arkanoid said:

Perhaps an additional POIs would be the Alcazar.

or the Spanish Army Infantry School

Great shots, Arkanoid. Like some other spanish cities Toledo has enough attractions to justify a CityScene...

I just could not take many more pictures as it was too late after work and we had to decide on the restaurants ;D.

38 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Iain for reading & commenting!

Grazie Maurizio. You know there is lots of work waiting for you in the orbx world ;).

Thanks Paul. It makes me happy to see someone joining my passion!

Great shots, Arkanoid. Like some other spanish cities Toledo has enough attractions to justify a CityScene...

I just could not take many more pictures as it was too late after work and we had to decide on the restaurants ;D.

Very difficult mission choose only one restaurant :D

39 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice ones Gerold.  

Thank you Jack!

6 minutes ago, Arkanoid said:

Very difficult mission choose only one restaurant :D

You are so right. We had to reduce to one Taverna and one restaurant each evening (plus the hacienda´s bar thereafter), and still the choice was too difficult.

32 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Beautiful cathedral, Gerold.

Never been in Madrid, last year we visited Sevilla in Xmas time.

Thank you Fred. Not such a long distance from Amsterdam, and direct flights, too. You may prepare a real life trip here and receive many travel tips?!

15 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Nice shots Gerold. real and simulated!!!!!!

Thank you John. You are right, both are a pleasure, though slightly different ones.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Fred. Not such a long distance from Amsterdam, and direct flights, too. You may prepare a real life trip here and receive many travel tips?!

Thanks Gerold, but this year Xmas trip will be to Algarve in Portugal to pick up some mid winter sunshine.

2 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. Wonderful trip you've made there.

Thank you Karl. Unfortunately the on-board service was not always as good as with the Mule Team.

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Thanks Gerold, but this year Xmas trip will be to Algarve in Portugal to pick up some mid winter sunshine.

Not bad, that plan, not bad!

14 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you for the beautiful RL shots.

You are welcome Lars. And whenever I see a 777 I try to get a photo for you!

14 hours ago, adambar said:

Great post Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam!

13 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Gerold. Do be aware that your RL travels and commentaries on your flights are very rewarding to those of us for whom travel is no longer possible. We perch on your shoulder and enjoy right along with you. Thanks so much for expanding the world a bit.

Thank you for your motivating comment Rodger. I like to give inspiration for both simmed and real exploration flights. Though it makes me a bit sad to realize some things will come to an end, someday, for everyone of us :unsure:.

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Another wonderful trip here Gerold.

It is easy for you to walk and eat at the same time to get us more splendid photos.:huh:

They do have McDonalds in Spain?:lol:

If I can give you a pleasure, I´ll walk, drink, talk, fly and eat while taking photos. But never at a McDonalds!

Yes they have a McD just aside a Burger King at the Plaza de Zocodover in Toledo. The city is filled up with lots of cheap mass tourism, which made it so difficult to find good restaurants.

Archived