Lord Howe Island Released by Aerosoft

RobdeVries

It's about $ 21 Aud  when converted. Might have to get this, I like these small photo real airfields, Dillingham airfield is fantastic when mated to hawaii photo real from PC Aviator. :)

Although I don't know if there's some sort of autogen problem. I'm saw a installation with very little autogen. And the pics show much more trees...?

Any simular experiences?

Rob

BTW sorry for not introducing myself. I discovered the beauty downunder with OrbX. Great job guys. Looking forward to the gold edition and to some great photoreal airports like Melbourne ... Love the OrbX stuff can't wait to see New Zealand covered as well.. 8)

Guest Private-Cowboy

I got Lord Howe yesterday (it a nice flight for the likes of Twin Otter and Mooney from Sydney) and I am impressed. It's really nice looking ... I like it more than Dillingham ... and has a nice framerate too. About the autogen, I've no real problems with it.

The autogen on Lord Howe is pretty sparse, that is true. But as you can see here...

Posted Image

... there is pretty good autogen, and my settings are on 'normal' with tweaked down cfg settings. The installer replaces the AutogenDescriptions.spb and Default.xml with optimized ones and overwrites the default trees if you let him (you're asked). The trees are generic, only better looking than the defaults so they look good elsewhere in the world too, like in FTX AU Blue. But there are backups made so it a mater of seconds the shuffle things around.

I'm not sure what's about the two autogen files beeing replaced. Are they touched by FTX in any way so the installation of Lord Howe might effect FTX? There has been a reduced autogen around for some time that enhances performance and that's about the same size as the files as the one from Lord Howe.

I doubt it that is will be in AU Gold, the island is far off the main land. Besides, you can simply put Lord Howe at a higher priority and get the better looking versions. As great as FTX is, it will not likely beat a photoreal scenery like this.

As great as FTX is, it will not likely beat a photoreal scenery like this.

Jeez, that's a big call  ;D  Almost a challenge to the Orbx boys methinks  :D  :D

This could be interesting,

I installed Lord Howe Island and forgot to switch FTX OFF first then spent all yesterday getting my FTX working again. I appear to have it sorted now but don't know if I still have underlying problems which may surface later. It was not a matter of not reading the manual but remembering to do things in correct sequence.

One point with the new Lord Howe Island scenery, I have the actual Afcad for the airport about 1 metre below the photoreal one. This results in AI aircraft taxying around on their belly. My aircraft sits on the correct level but without a shadow. Has anyone else had this problem?

Graham

One point with the new Lord Howe Island scenery, I have the actual Afcad for the airport about 1 metre below the photoreal one. This results in AI aircraft taxying around on their belly.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but the freeware Balladonia (YBAL) exhibits these tendencies as well.  It wasn't a bigggie for me as they were freeware.

Cheers,

I got it when it came out and love it.  As far as I can tell the people models are all 3d.  If you have a close look at the guy reading the paper on the bench you can actually tell that he is reading the Sydney Morning Herald :)  Unfortunately it doesn't update with the current paper;)  The mountains are actual 3d objects as opposed to being part of the underlying mesh.  The effect is excellent and allows for much better textures on the open rock faces.  They offer a couple of suggestions for tweaks and have some higher res textures for the airstrip but warn that you need a more powerful computer to run it that way.

I now use it as a destination in FSEconomy quite regularly and it is a real pleasure to fly into and out of.

Guest Private-Cowboy

anyone know the rough distance in NM from Brisbane to here?

That is about 400nm from Brisbane to LHI, 450nm from Sydney. Perfect range for the Twin Otter or Mooney M20J.

Guest Aussieman

anyone know the rough distance in NM from Brisbane to here?

Slipstream, if you RTFM you will find several flight plans at the back of the manual. The plans are YLHI-YBBN, YBBN-YLHI, YLHI-YSSY, YSSY-YLHI, and YLHI-YSNF and return.

Cheers

Pat

Archived