Fixed for Newquay Airport EGHQ

If anyone has any issues with a cliff of water or funny mesh around Newquay airport in Cornwall, then I've provided here a quick patch for the default airport that should remove the flattening that is destroying the coastline:

EGHQ - Patched.zip

Download the above file, unzip and place into your "Custom Scenery" folder inside X-Plane. When you start up X-Plane, the patched airport should override the default one and the ugly flattening will be removed and the coastline should look normal again.

N.B. If you have another version of EGHQ that is not the default airport then this fix will likely not work

Tony, that is an amazing response.  I only posted about this a couple of hours ago and a fix is here.  At the office at the moment but will download and install this later and hopefully all will be well at Newquay.  That really is very much appreciated and with grateful thanks from me.

Cheers

Jeff

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear tonywob - Downloaded, unzipped, placed folder in Custom Scenery (by the way, how does it know to patch the TEGB file?) and there was no noticable effect - still have a giant wall of water.  Moved the "Patch" down  in the scenery.ini file to just above TEGB South and Central.  No effect either way.  What did I miss?  Thank you for any responses.  Scott :)

P.S. Mine is the default Airport that comes with TEGBSouth

• 2 weeks later...

Well that seemed to have worked.
I edited the .ini file to load the file just above the default airports.
It got rid of the ugly waterfall, but I have lost the default airport buildings at EGHQ.
It's a small price to pay to get rid of the coastal error.

Thanks,
Steven.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Jon.

I didnt realise a new EGHQ had gone up.  In was just asking in another part of the Forum if Orbx were going to create one.  I will download this and have a look later. 

That will teach me to check the gateway more often.

Best wishes

Jeff

Archived