Downtown San Francisco Docks

Captain Lars

Hello again.

Is this how FTX NorCal at downtown San Francisco is supposed to look?

TsYqbcE.jpg

I realize that it's not a CityScene product, but is this correct with the "two in one" ferry building and the overlapping docks in the background? Also, the skyscrapers are not matching the street raster downtown.

Thank you very much, Cheers

Lars Wüst

Hi Lars,

that looks the same as for me. There's photoreal coverage along the downtown waterfront and The Presidio Park but the city itself is made of generic landclass with the default custom buildings on top. A while back one of our developers was working on a separate cityscape for SF but he didn't manage to finish it so it's on ice until/unless someone else picks it up again. 

The NCA manual on p.5 describes how to make Aerosoft's US Cities X San Francisco compatible with NCA, if that's of interest to you.

Cheers, Holger

1 minute ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Lars,

that looks the same as for me. There's photoreal coverage along the downtown waterfront and The Presidio Park but the city itself is made of generic landclass with the default custom buildings on top. A while back one of our developers was working on a separate cityscape for SF but he didn't manage to finish it so it's on ice until/unless someone else picks it up again. 

The NCA manual on p.5 describes how to make Aerosoft's US Cities X San Francisco compatible with NCA, if that's of interest to you.

Cheers, Holger

Dankeschön für die Info bzw. Bestätigung dass ich es korrekt installiert habe. :)

Hi Lars

This is how San Fra looks with AS City. The only awful thing is that the city has no lights!!! Can you believe that? AS respond saying who flies at night in a city... that you should fly during daylight to appreciate it...

I'm 100% sure I have closer ones at daylight but I would have to look deeply among all I've taken, these I got them at hand. When I find a closer one I'll send in a PM in case it helps you decide to get or not

UtfWHxL.jpg

5yhQlJE.jpg

cheers

Carlos

28 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

I'm 100% sure I have closer ones at daylight but I would have to look deeply among all I've taken, these I got them at hand. When I find a closer one I'll send in a PM in case it helps you decide to get or not

Thank you Carlos, these shots look awesome.

No, I'm not going to get the Aerosoft product. Orbx NorCal SFO is already very good looking, and at a decent frame rate I might add, contrary to SoCal with LAX from FSDT... I'll really have to deactivate SoCal in the Scenery Library when I'm going to fly into LA.

31 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

This is how San Fra looks with AS City. The only awful thing is that the city has no lights!!! Can you believe that? AS respond saying who flies at night in a city... that you should fly during daylight to appreciate it...

Wow, this statement is... blunt to say the least. Caradura haha!! It's cheating in my eyes.

Hi Lars

Indeed he is but at least was the best SFO city in the market so far.

I'm also interested in KLAX, please let me know your experience and how well it goes so I can finally convince myself of getting it. I flew yesterday from San Diego to Los Angeles. I have AS city here too, also poor.

I bought SFO by FB looks good but lots of doing for the compatibility it also had back squares in the gates ground. I had to do a research and it happens that as I have MLIR it causes a conflict in SFO, from CR to California with love. So the guys at Dreamflight told to disable a bgl in the scenery of MLIR and issue solved. It seems they were working together on SFO project.

For you who likes to fly in South America, DF is going to launch soon Quito (the new airport) and they say they'll finally do MROC (but they have years saying this)

I also bought Cape Town. I searched for years but for years since FS9 for a decent airport in there and finally is out: In case that might interests you.

So let me know how good KLAX behaves pls once you have it

Cheers

On 11/5/2018 at 6:45 AM, carlosqr said:

Hi Lars

Indeed he is but at least was the best SFO city in the market so far.

I'm also interested in KLAX, please let me know your experience and how well it goes so I can finally convince myself of getting it. I flew yesterday from San Diego to Los Angeles. I have AS city here too, also poor.

I bought SFO by FB looks good but lots of doing for the compatibility it also had back squares in the gates ground. I had to do a research and it happens that as I have MLIR it causes a conflict in SFO, from CR to California with love. So the guys at Dreamflight told to disable a bgl in the scenery of MLIR and issue solved. It seems they were working together on SFO project.

For you who likes to fly in South America, DF is going to launch soon Quito (the new airport) and they say they'll finally do MROC (but they have years saying this)

I also bought Cape Town. I searched for years but for years since FS9 for a decent airport in there and finally is out: In case that might interests you.

So let me know how good KLAX behaves pls once you have it

Cheers

Thank you Carlos, this indeed interests me, both Quito and Cape Town. I can't believe someone finally brought a decent scenery of Cape Town now that I spent € 12,64 on Cape Town last year. Well I think I'm going to buy this one.

I will come back to you with a PM on LAX because I'm going to try it with the 777 and see if this is doable.

Cheers!

Archived