Barcelona city tour - the second half

Stillwater

There were too many pictures to upload them with imgur in the first post...

... so I owe you the rest. Here you are. Starting over the beautiful Barri Gothic and the cathedral...

UwvvEIK.jpg

xek6SsH.jpg?1

... over the Placa de Catalunya, where the limits of photoreal ground come up when flying at such a low altitude.

h36A9wU.jpg

Up the Rambla de Catalunya to some of Gaudis most famous houses. This is the Casa Milà, it is known as "Pedrera" (english: quarry) because of its amazingly chaotic decoration. Maybe a POI that should get an upgrade in the next Cityscene version.

LQk7ZQA.jpg

6GY5oty.jpg

A work in progress that everybody knows, I think.

WbaykX0.jpg

iFIpCJG.jpg?1

Now up to the Parc Guell...

49jIo5a.jpg

0Ui9dAf.jpg

WfCSAz7.jpg

... and finally back to the airport. 

rJEN7zu.jpg

We can see not only the overall impression of the city is nearly perfect, also many POIs are already suited for holiday preparation. I love that!

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Amazing shots, what great scenery!!!!!!  I like how you added some real pictures of the scenery, thanks.

Thank you John. It is always good to prepare and to repeat your travels in the Orbx world.

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Another great mix of sim and real life shots Gerold! Well done my friend :).

Thanks Paul. I trust you have been in that city as well, haven´t you?

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very good Gerold!  But that work in progress you mentioned.  Is that something they poured like concrete to carve or is it like stone they're going to carve?  Or is it "melted"?  It looks very interesting.

Thank you Jack. In fact I do not know how they are building it, but it just takes as long as the medieval cathedral projects did. And I know who is paying it: The tourists that visit it.

Here is some background information for us: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Família

Very good, Gerold. I see a lot has been been done in CityScene Barcelona. Tbh, I'm not a big of Gaudi's architecture, but it is a fascinating place nonetheless. Thank you for taking us along.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very good Gerold!  But that work in progress you mentioned.  Is that something they poured like concrete to carve or is it like stone they're going to carve?  Or is it "melted"?  It looks very interesting.

It was melted by Dragonfire, of course!! :P

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you John. It is always good to prepare and to repeat your travels in the Orbx world.

Thanks Paul. I trust you have been in that city as well, haven´t you?

Thank you Jack. In fact I do not know how they are building it, but it just takes as long as the medieval cathedral projects did. And I know who is paying it: The tourists that visit it.

Here is some background information for us: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Família

Thanks Gerold, I’ll look at this as soon as I get a chance.

Hey Gerold. Another of your excellent tours. Barcelona always has seemed to me to be a haven for a wonderful quirkiness. Not just the architecture but the whole sense of acceptance of things different. Haven't been there, so can't say with authority, but that's always been my impression. Anyway, thanks!

13 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Gerold. Another of your excellent tours. Barcelona always has seemed to me to be a haven for a wonderful quirkiness. Not just the architecture but the whole sense of acceptance of things different. Haven't been there, so can't say with authority, but that's always been my impression. Anyway, thanks!

I have to say thanks to you, for your kind words.

Do you see a chance to ever spend southern Europe a visit? If so, ask the Orbx community where you should go, and the travel will be planned quickly!

Archived