2080ti X-Plane Orbx True Earth England South Max Settings Test

HiFlyer

Well... after numerous requests, here is X-Plane with all settings maxed over Orbx True Earth England South. Essentially it's a torture test, and FPS will often be restricted in XP from the CPU side in a situation like this: Specifically, by max buildings/objects and the water settings.

Fortunately this simply establishes a base, and from there you and your computer can negotiate an understanding by playing with settings to find a happy medium.

Bring on Vulkan?

System: Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

3 hours ago, Rodneyprice said:

Looks nice and smooth , only way I could get my 8700k to 5 gighz was to turn of hyperthreading.  

I had to play with voltages. I'm still considering delidding, but since I've never done that before, the thought makes me nervous.

A lot.

At these prices, a kentucky fried cpu is not a laughing prospect

1 hour ago, Rodneyprice said:

try putting your voltage back to normal and in the bios there is a setting that lets you either have Hyperthreading on of off , it worked for me and all runs stable.

Nah...... Without messing with voltage, your cpu inadvertently becomes a fryolator! :D

1.35v or slightly above is where I plant the flag and stand my ground!

Archived