You like a city tour of Barcelona? This is part 1...

Stillwater

Sim pictures taken yesterday, the real ones 1 week ago. It is fantastic how good one can recognize the reality from the sim. Or the other way round.

"Taking off" at the hotel Barceló Sants...

xdTMLkS.jpg

... towards the Placa de Espana with the Plaza de Toros - nowadays a shopping center.

AeZSPqu.jpg

BRwbuPT.jpg

The view from the Museo de Catalunya...

C9VkjF7.jpg

9cPzvZm.jpg

... and its backside with the olympic torch of 1992.

yKLRd8Q.jpg

fmgYX7j.jpg

The olympic stadium...

z9R84CJ.jpg

NH9WlAo.jpg

mO5mKzT.jpg

qvLZKtl.jpg

VT69jVX.jpg

... and, over the hill, down to the Mirador:

VRt0oXE.jpg

bFhDQLC.jpg

The Teleferic with some views...

BicIpWc.jpg

caj92zN.jpg

... of the Montjuic, ...

bgw4fNK.jpg

qXVAIyv.jpg

... the city center, ...

661XoAt.jpg

5MvOG4c.jpg

... the Westin hotel ...

0y3B5V6.jpg

Pw3oT1q.jpg

... and the harbour.

KTH6Qga.jpg

174KvCQ.jpg

Then it became too dark, so I head to head for something we can not find in the sim.

2xKQwVu.jpg

May I repeat how great the cityscape appears? Even when flying so low (and photoreal parts are not optimal for that).

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Yet another grand post from Barcelona. I wonder when we can expect "sweets flow" from Orbx. Perhaps I wouldn't have to eat them anymore when I can see them on my computer screen?

Thank you Lars. But I have to disappoint you: The Tapas on the table need to be eaten warm: The one in the front is a vegetable-pepper mixture, the next one is black haggis (for Jack!), followed by Croquetas de pollo and catalan sausages.

2 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey stillwater. What a fascinating approach to this tour. It was really interesting to see the sim and the real in direct comparison, and your shots did a great job of highlighting significant scenery. Very, very enjoyable. Thanks!

Thank you Rodger. In this case I had to follow my real life tracks, and that was easy given the quality of the cityscape.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

These were excellent Gerold, I loved them all and they did a great job here.  And those pastries in the last one made my hungry! :P

Thanks Jack. I knew the black haggis would be fine for you. But the best was the goat cheese with a trace of fig marmelade. Warm, of course :rollmyeyes:. While the wine was cold :blink:.

Just now, Stillwater said:

Thanks Jack. I knew the black haggis would be fine for you. But the best was the goat cheese with a trace of fig marmelade. Warm, of course :rollmyeyes:. While the wine was cold :blink:.

I like it all except for cold wine, it has to be room temperature Merlot for me. :P

27 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Lars. But I have to disappoint you: The Tapas on the table need to be eaten warm: The one in the front is a vegetable-pepper mixture, the next one is black haggis (for Jack!), followed by Croquetas de pollo and catalan sausages.

Thanks for the clarification, I'm glad that I already had supper today... :unsure::)

22 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

What an excellent tour around Barcelona Gerold.

So good that I have crossed it off my list of places to visit.

Love the last view too.:)

I´d say you should put it back on the list. I gave you only an appetizer. Especially with the last view...

20 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Very nice Gerold

Well done

Muchas gracias Carlos!

On 10/23/2018 at 11:29 PM, BradB said:

Awesome post Gerold !! .

Cheers

John

Thank you John!

On 10/24/2018 at 5:09 AM, adambar said:

Nicely done Gerold! :)

Thanks Adam.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:16 AM, paulb said:

Super post Gerold! You did an amazing job mixing the sim and real life shots :).

Thanks Paul. Indeed it is some work, even if you have all these pictures already taken and stored on your computer...

Archived