Not only is this looking amazingly good, but also the amount of thought and planning that goes into a project like this is incredible. Thank you very much for showing this and explaining to us what considerations a scenery designer has to take into account in his work.

One question: what is a "noise texture"? :D

Hi Lars,

If I can quickly answer,

Noise texture = semi-transparent Detail overlay.
Much like the global "Detail1.bmp" bump map semi-transparent texture, it creates a kind of busyness to the undelying texture.

You most likely use one already coarse, cracked, soft, fine,  or grass. This one is probably a custom HD semi-transparent bump map specifically for the areas Jarrad described.

Edited by Jeff Gilmour
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really appreciate the work that goes into the surroundings as I love to explore with avatar, vehicles and boats as well.

I can't wait to do a stroll through UCSB's campus and a wild ride through the Santa Ynez mountains.

2 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi Lars,

If I can quickly answer,

Noise texture = semi-transparent Detail overlay.
Much like the global "Detail1.bmp" bump map semi-transparent texture, it creates a kind of busyness to the undelying texture.

You most likely use one already coarse, cracked, soft, fine,  or grass. This one is probably a custom HD semi-transparent bump map specifically for the areas Jarrad described.

Thanks!

Seeing this again, I'm looking for a good p3dv4 car to explore the area.  Also, I hope that the regional statics can be deactivated separate from the GA.  I'd like to park my crj and the likes next to the fence :)  ....Impeccable detail!!!!!! wow....I can't wait.

Thanks so much guys!

1 hour ago, keino333 said:

Seeing this again, I'm looking for a good p3dv4 car to explore the area.  Also, I hope that the regional statics can be deactivated separate from the GA.  I'd like to park my crj and the likes next to the fence :)  ....Impeccable detail!!!!!! wow....I can't wait.

Yep, I kept that in mind, airliners, bizjets and GA aircraft each have a seperate option to enable/disable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to buy this airport but, it says it needs SoCal to run it. . I own SoCal but don't have it installed because It tends to drop a few

frames. (I fly the PMDG NGX exclusively) Must SoCal be installed to use Santa Barbara? I know its a dumb question.

Mike Stout